Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 2746
pizza_Place: Pat's...South Loop
It will be interesting to see whether the Texas prosecutors will go along with what will undoubtedly be an attempt to cop a quick plea, take a 6-game suspension, and then be back for week 8.

_________________
To IkeSouth, bigfan wrote:
Are you stoned or pissed off, or both, when you create these postings?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:19 pm
Posts: 785
leashyourkids wrote:
It's a witch hunt now.


Isnt everything at some point?


In my mind a lot of this is unquantifiable outside of the cases where there is a clear history of abuse and people have been convicted. I mean doesn't a lot of this have to do with new mentalities in the 21st century? If I was acting like an ass I could easily expect my mother to whack me in the back of the head as she walked by. I factored that into my acting like an ass. It certainly wasn't anything I would constitute as child abuse - apparently some would these days. So I think we are largely in a nebulous area with people pushing agendas outside that of clear cases of abuse.

Whipping a kid with a switch should belong in the past. In a perfect world it would have existed at all. Having the right to slap your kid in the back of the head, doesn't belong in the court of public opinion, let alone a court room.

I'm not saying I would do that if I had kids but, it is weeks like this where I wished I still lived in Europe where subjects like this did not dissolve into mental masturbation. This country has a particular talent in making issues mentally exhausting.

_________________
I kicked the burning terrorist so hard in the balls that I tore a tendon in my foot.

-Scottish cab driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 9060
Location: Seaboard
pizza_Place: Pepe's
mrgoodkat wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
It's a witch hunt now.


Isnt everything at some point?


In my mind a lot of this is unquantifiable outside of the cases where there is a clear history of abuse and people have been convicted. I mean doesn't a lot of this have to do with new mentalities in the 21st century? If I was acting like an ass I could easily expect my mother to whack me in the back of the head as she walked by. I factored that into my acting like an ass. It certainly wasn't anything I would constitute as child abuse - apparently some would these days. So I think we are largely in a nebulous area with people pushing agendas outside that of clear cases of abuse.

Whipping a kid with a switch should belong in the past. In a perfect world it would have existed at all. Having the right to slap your kid in the back of the head, doesn't belong in the court of public opinion, let alone a court room.

I'm not saying I would do that if I had kids but, it is weeks like this where I wished I still lived in Europe where subjects like this did not dissolve into mental masturbation. This country has a particular talent in making issues mentally exhausting.


It's because we don't have to hunt for our own food anymore.

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
But being right or wrong IS binary


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 30291
Location: Palatine
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Great post goodkat. The selective outrage is nauseating.

_________________
The bottles stand as empty, as they were filled before.
Time there was and plenty, but from that cup no more.
Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: Chicago IL
pizza_Place: Don't Care
mrgoodkat wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
It's a witch hunt now.


Isnt everything at some point?


In my mind a lot of this is unquantifiable outside of the cases where there is a clear history of abuse and people have been convicted. I mean doesn't a lot of this have to do with new mentalities in the 21st century? If I was acting like an ass I could easily expect my mother to whack me in the back of the head as she walked by. I factored that into my acting like an ass. It certainly wasn't anything I would constitute as child abuse - apparently some would these days. So I think we are largely in a nebulous area with people pushing agendas outside that of clear cases of abuse.

Whipping a kid with a switch should belong in the past. In a perfect world it would have existed at all. Having the right to slap your kid in the back of the head, doesn't belong in the court of public opinion, let alone a court room.

I'm not saying I would do that if I had kids but, it is weeks like this where I wished I still lived in Europe where subjects like this did not dissolve into mental masturbation. This country has a particular talent in making issues mentally exhausting.


This post perfectly sums up how I feel about every story that's intended to outrage me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:26 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
mrgoodkat wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
It's a witch hunt now.


Isnt everything at some point?


In my mind a lot of this is unquantifiable outside of the cases where there is a clear history of abuse and people have been convicted. I mean doesn't a lot of this have to do with new mentalities in the 21st century? If I was acting like an ass I could easily expect my mother to whack me in the back of the head as she walked by. I factored that into my acting like an ass. It certainly wasn't anything I would constitute as child abuse - apparently some would these days. So I think we are largely in a nebulous area with people pushing agendas outside that of clear cases of abuse.

Whipping a kid with a switch should belong in the past. In a perfect world it would have existed at all. Having the right to slap your kid in the back of the head, doesn't belong in the court of public opinion, let alone a court room.

I'm not saying I would do that if I had kids but, it is weeks like this where I wished I still lived in Europe where subjects like this did not dissolve into mental masturbation. This country has a particular talent in making issues mentally exhausting.


I think everyone has the right amount of outrage based on what we know.

Adrian Peterson beat his 4 year old son with a stick
His son had cuts over every part of his body
There was likely blood everywhere while he was being beat
Pictures taken a week later showed the damage
He admitted to doing it in court and via text messages
He beat his other son (4 years old at the time) a year before and left a permanent mark on his face.
He has a room designated for whoopings
HE LOST A SON LESS THAN A YEAR AGO BECAUSE HE WAS ABUSED BY ANOTHER MAN

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Reaches a misdeameanor agreement and will not include any references to family violence or violence against a minor. I would think he has to be reinstated right away.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hawg Ass wrote:
Reaches a misdeameanor agreement and will not include any references to family violence or violence against a minor. I would think he has to be reinstated right away.


He should be suspended.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 41819
Location: To the left of my post
Come on ACL tear!

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Reaches a misdeameanor agreement and will not include any references to family violence or violence against a minor. I would think he has to be reinstated right away.


He should be suspended.

Hasn't he been though? Now, he has been paid so he should have to pay some kind of fine, but I think he has served enough of a suspension already.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Reaches a misdeameanor agreement and will not include any references to family violence or violence against a minor. I would think he has to be reinstated right away.


He should be suspended.

Hasn't he been though? Now, he has been paid so he should have to pay some kind of fine, but I think he has served enough of a suspension already.


No. He's been given a paid vacation.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Reaches a misdeameanor agreement and will not include any references to family violence or violence against a minor. I would think he has to be reinstated right away.


He should be suspended.

Hasn't he been though? Now, he has been paid so he should have to pay some kind of fine, but I think he has served enough of a suspension already.


No. He's been given a paid vacation.

And that is the reason he should pay a big fine, I don't think he should have to miss any more games. He has missed 9 so far.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:31 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Hawg Ass wrote:
And that is the reason he should pay a big fine, I don't think he should have to miss any more games. He has missed 9 so far.


I disagree. IMO what he did was worst than hitting a woman. He should be fined a seasons salary and not allowed to play the rest of the season. He has a history of beating toddlers.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
And that is the reason he should pay a big fine, I don't think he should have to miss any more games. He has missed 9 so far.


I disagree. IMO what he did was worst than hitting a woman. He should be fined a seasons salary and not allowed to play the rest of the season. He has a history of beating toddlers.

But he wasn't charged that way.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:04 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:17 pm
Posts: 50762
Location: Earth
pizza_Place: Mendy's
He should be suspended without pay for the rest of this season. Reinstate him the day after the Super Bowl, and then let the Vikings decide what they want to do.

He has missed games, Hawg, but that is different than a suspension.

_________________
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Actually, the Cubs swept the Mets last season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 13565
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
I hope he plays immediately.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
I am really pulling for the Vikings to dig in and hope he sits out the year.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 13565
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
I've given up. This is stupid every which way.

edit: No, I'm not a Packers fan now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
I hope they stick with this plan:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /28018107/

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group