Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
If Ray Rice was 25 years old, you can bet someone would have given him a chance.

Here is how a player gets "blackballed"- he no longer is productive.


He was given the chance by the Ravens at age 30 after his incident was first reported.

You can bring up whatever else you want but your assertion of his age having something to do with him not playing now is not congruent with what actually happened.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Then why is Hardy gainfully employed?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
If Ray Rice was 25 years old, you can bet someone would have given him a chance.

Here is how a player gets "blackballed"- he no longer is productive.


He was given the chance by the Ravens at age 30 after his incident was first reported.

You can bring up whatever else you want but your assertion of his age having something to do with him not playing now is not congruent with what actually happened.


Wrong. If Ray Rice the football player was worth the headache, he would be on the team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 10571
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ray rice wasn't "given a chance" he was under contract. If he was 25 he would be playing this year.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
Ray rice wasn't "given a chance" he was under contract. If he was 25 he would be playing this year.



The Ravens didn't initially cut him. As a matter of fact, they said they were standing behind him.

So...the Ravens chose to keep him at 30. Which by most math equations is five years older than 25.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:
312player wrote:
Ray rice wasn't "given a chance" he was under contract. If he was 25 he would be playing this year.



The Ravens didn't initially cut him. As a matter of fact, they said they were standing behind him.

So...the Ravens chose to keep him at 30. Which by most math equations is five years older than 25.


Why is Greg Hardy employed?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 10571
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Rice was under contract . Baltimore was cool with him losing 25% of his money on a 4 game suspension.. He would have been released after the season for lack of production and age.

A guy who just took part in the murder of his ex just got signed out of LSU. If you can play..a team will pay you...ray rice can't play anymore..he's washed up.

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
A guy who just took part in the murder of his ex just got signed out of LSU.



Just making stuff up now.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Seacrest, why want you answer the Greg Hardy question?

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest, why want you answer the Greg Hardy question?



Have you seen a video of what Greg Hardy did?

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest, why want you answer the Greg Hardy question?



Have you seen a video of what Greg Hardy did?



Again, why can't you just simply answer the question?

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:11 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
And DeAngelo Williams was signed by the Steelers.

Two years older than Rice with lesser stats.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest, why want you answer the Greg Hardy question?



Have you seen a video of what Greg Hardy did?



Again, why can't you just simply answer the question?



Because there is no video of Greg Hardy.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest, why want you answer the Greg Hardy question?



Have you seen a video of what Greg Hardy did?



Again, why can't you just simply answer the question?


Because it refutes his blackball argument.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest, why want you answer the Greg Hardy question?



Have you seen a video of what Greg Hardy did?



Again, why can't you just simply answer the question?


Because it refutes his blackball argument.


Read the post above yours.

And DeAngelo Williams refutes the age and productivity nonsense.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Wrong again, Seacrest.

Hardy was not only arrested....but convicted...which is your measuring stick.

He can still play.

The issue is your ridiculous blackball statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
Wrong again, Seacrest.

Hardy was not only arrested....but convicted...which is your measuring stick.

He can still play.

The issue is your ridiculous blackball statement.


Ridiculous to you and 312.

If there was a video of Greg Hardy putting a gun to his gf's head, there is no way in hell that he is playing anytime soon and probably ever again.

And that is not my measuring stick. I believe people who are convicted of a crime and show remorse in word and deed should be allowed to play in the NFL. The same should go for those who are accused.

Ray Rice has better career stats than DeAngelo Williams. And he is younger too. So much for the specious "he can't play" statement.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 10571
pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Seacrest wrote:
And DeAngelo Williams was signed by the Steelers.

Two years older than Rice with lesser stats.



2 years older..same workload. I guess you and disagree on lesser stats .


Rice - 1430 carries

4.3 ypc
37 td



Williams - 1432 carries
4.8 ypc
46 td

_________________
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Laurence Holmes is a fucking weirdo, a nerd in denial, and a wannabe. Not a very good radio host either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:29 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
And DeAngelo Williams was signed by the Steelers.

Two years older than Rice with lesser stats.



2 years older..same workload. I guess you and disagree on lesser stats .


Rice - 1430 carries

4.3 ypc
37 td



Williams - 1432 carries
4.8 ypc
46 td



You left out their receiving stats.

I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part though. :P

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
What about how many games Deangelo has missed, he has been a china doll?

Ray Rice sucks.


Thanks for answering the question Seacrest. :D

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
What about how many games Deangelo has missed, he has been a china doll?

Ray Rice sucks.


Thanks for answering the question Seacrest. :D



I left that part out about DeAngelo being a china doll. :)

Look, Ray Rice fucked up and apologized for it publicly numerous times.
His wife accepted his apology and married him and things appear to be going along well for both of them.

The NFL, and Goodell in particular, have blackballed him. Period.

The unwillingness of folks to forgive when his wife has chosen to, is somewhat odd.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
What about how many games Deangelo has missed, he has been a china doll?

Ray Rice sucks.


Thanks for answering the question Seacrest. :D



I left that part out about DeAngelo being a china doll. :)

Look, Ray Rice fucked up and apologized for it publicly numerous times.
His wife accepted his apology and married him and things appear to be going along well for both of them.

The NFL, and Goodell in particular, have blackballed him. Period.

The unwillingness of folks to forgive when his wife has chosen to, is somewhat odd.

I most definitely do not think he is blackballed, if teams still thought he was good enough he would be in the league. If Jerry Jones wanted his ass, I assure you he would be in Dallas. Owners and teams don't care, Just Win Baby!!!

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
What about how many games Deangelo has missed, he has been a china doll?

Ray Rice sucks.


Thanks for answering the question Seacrest. :D



I left that part out about DeAngelo being a china doll. :)

Look, Ray Rice fucked up and apologized for it publicly numerous times.
His wife accepted his apology and married him and things appear to be going along well for both of them.

The NFL, and Goodell in particular, have blackballed him. Period.

The unwillingness of folks to forgive when his wife has chosen to, is somewhat odd.

I most definitely do not think he is blackballed, if teams still thought he was good enough he would be in the league. If Jerry Jones wanted his ass, I assure you he would be in Dallas. Owners and teams don't care, Just Win Baby!!!



He's better than DeAngelo Williams.

Mike Tomlin loved him when he played for the Ravens.

The NFL stepped in and punished him twice while making him a poster boy for their anti-domestic violence campaign.

If their was a pic of Hardy holding a gun to his fiance's head, he wouldn't be playing either.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
What about how many games Deangelo has missed, he has been a china doll?

Ray Rice sucks.


Thanks for answering the question Seacrest. :D



I left that part out about DeAngelo being a china doll. :)

Look, Ray Rice fucked up and apologized for it publicly numerous times.
His wife accepted his apology and married him and things appear to be going along well for both of them.

The NFL, and Goodell in particular, have blackballed him. Period.

The unwillingness of folks to forgive when his wife has chosen to, is somewhat odd.

I most definitely do not think he is blackballed, if teams still thought he was good enough he would be in the league. If Jerry Jones wanted his ass, I assure you he would be in Dallas. Owners and teams don't care, Just Win Baby!!!



He's better than DeAngelo Williams.

Mike Tomlin loved him when he played for the Ravens.

The NFL stepped in and punished him twice while making him a poster boy for their anti-domestic violence campaign.

If their was a pic of Hardy holding a gun to his fiance's head, he wouldn't be playing either.

I disagree

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
I'm having ham for dinner.

Take that.

And i'm going to fry up some bacon too.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Seacrest wrote:
I'm having ham for dinner.

Take that.

And i'm going to fry up some bacon too.

I am going to see a doctor, HA!

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I'm having ham for dinner.

Take that.

And i'm going to fry up some bacon too.

I am going to see a doctor, HA!



Btw,

How will the Packers get along without DaJuan Harris?

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Seacrest wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I'm having ham for dinner.

Take that.

And i'm going to fry up some bacon too.

I am going to see a doctor, HA!



Btw,

How will the Packers get along without DaJuan Harris?

Very well, they have the indestructible FATTY!!!

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 34701.html

Even in a league that hands out second, third and fourth chances to talented players and will invent any ridiculous excuse to try and appease the public, Rice seems like he'll forever be on the outside looking in. That led NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith to wonder to ESPN if there was a concerted effort by the owners to keep Rice out of the league (via Pro Football Talk):

“This, unfortunately, is a league that has a history of blackballing players. I find it hard to believe that a player of Mr. Rice’s caliber hasn’t at least gotten one offer from a team to come work out,” Smith said.

That's a strong claim, but it's easy to believe. Rice has been free to sign with anyone for some time now. His down 2013 season, with just 3.1 yards per carry, doesn't help. But before that he had four straight 1,000-yard seasons and averaged at least 4 yards per carry in every one. Dozens of running backs who aren't as good as Rice have signed since Rice was cut. This is about more than football, of course.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 8746
Seacrest wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/if-buffalo-bills-won-t-sign-ray-rice--will-anyone-in-the-nfl--173634701.html

Even in a league that hands out second, third and fourth chances to talented players and will invent any ridiculous excuse to try and appease the public, Rice seems like he'll forever be on the outside looking in. That led NFLPA chief DeMaurice Smith to wonder to ESPN if there was a concerted effort by the owners to keep Rice out of the league (via Pro Football Talk):

“This, unfortunately, is a league that has a history of blackballing players. I find it hard to believe that a player of Mr. Rice’s caliber hasn’t at least gotten one offer from a team to come work out,” Smith said.

That's a strong claim, but it's easy to believe. Rice has been free to sign with anyone for some time now. His down 2013 season, with just 3.1 yards per carry, doesn't help. But before that he had four straight 1,000-yard seasons and averaged at least 4 yards per carry in every one. Dozens of running backs who aren't as good as Rice have signed since Rice was cut. This is about more than football, of course.


If he was still an All-Pro level RB he would have a job, but NFL teams don't want a backup that will bring his baggage.

_________________
Irish Boy wrote:
I'd stick a gun in my mouth if it were me, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.


shakes wrote:

I still say that no one was hurt worse by 9/11 than me. Could've probably extended my reality tv career had it not happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group