Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 27878
Location: ...
I really thought after "The Happening", "Last Airbender", and even having a small mention for "After Earth", M Knight would be done making major films. I was wrong. This looks even cheesier than "The Happening", and I don't even think if it were supposed to be funny it would be good. This is baffling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fv3gU-ed7Y

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 9060
Location: Seaboard
pizza_Place: Pepe's
Bump. Getting good reviews. WZ was wrong (wah, wah!)

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
But being right or wrong IS binary


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 44202
didn't see it yet but if it is M Knight you know it will have a twist. I predict it will appear the grandparents are attacking the kids but they are actually protecting them

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 pm
Posts: 40452
pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
leashyourkids wrote:
Bump. Getting good reviews. WZ was wrong (wah, wah!)


First Wayward Pines. Now The Visit.

M is back and in WZ's head!

_________________
chaspoppcap wrote:
You seem to have a hard on for me and I probably desire it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 17061
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Bump. Getting good reviews. WZ was wrong (wah, wah!)


First Wayward Pines. Now The Visit.

M is back and in WZ's head!


That's the twist!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 9060
Location: Seaboard
pizza_Place: Pepe's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Bump. Getting good reviews. WZ was wrong (wah, wah!)


First Wayward Pines. Now The Visit.

M is back and in WZ's head!


M is runnin' circles around him!

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
But being right or wrong IS binary


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 27878
Location: ...
leashyourkids wrote:
Bump. Getting good reviews. WZ was wrong (wah, wah!)


a 62% fresh rating? please.

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 23124
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
If the Wikipedia synopsis is accurate - and why wouldn't it be - the "twist" is less interesting than watching a snail shit in a shoe.

_________________
Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.
- Ronald Wright (misquoting John Steinbeck)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 27878
Location: ...
don't be on the wrong side of history here, tiny! i've been up all NIGHT doing my penance.

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 23124
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
W_Z wrote:
don't be on the wrong side of history here, tiny! i've been up all NIGHT doing my penance.

During the war, the lads were given salt peter to squelch those urges.

_________________
Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.
- Ronald Wright (misquoting John Steinbeck)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 9060
Location: Seaboard
pizza_Place: Pepe's
W_Z wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Bump. Getting good reviews. WZ was wrong (wah, wah!)


a 62% fresh rating? please.


Up to 65!

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
But being right or wrong IS binary


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 64520
Don Tiny wrote:
If the Wikipedia synopsis is accurate - and why wouldn't it be - the "twist" is less interesting than watching a snail shit in a shoe.

Wikipedia plot summary is absolutely the best way to consume bad movies and the ones with twists are a nice bonus.

_________________
And I'm insensitive, and I lack empathy
He looked at me and said, "Your potential is bittersweet"
I looked at him and said, "Every nickel is mines to keep"
He looked at me and said, "Know the truth, it'll set you free"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Lindenhurst
pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
My son is making me take him to see this...ugh. I'll report later.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 23124
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
If the Wikipedia synopsis is accurate - and why wouldn't it be - the "twist" is less interesting than watching a snail shit in a shoe.

Wikipedia plot summary is absolutely the best way to consume bad movies and the ones with twists are a nice bonus.

Well, I figured I knew I wasn't going to go watch this crap, even on a bet, so why not see what the fuss might be about by taking 90 seconds to read up on it ... even though I hope I drop dead soon (don't we all) I still want those 90 seconds back in this particular case.

_________________
Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.
- Ronald Wright (misquoting John Steinbeck)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 27878
Location: ...
there's an austrian movie called "goodnight mommy" that has a similar plot and looks a lot more unnerving and strange.

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 am
Posts: 9060
Location: Seaboard
pizza_Place: Pepe's
Honestly, I thought it was a very good movie. If you don't like the simple storyline of a horror movie set in an old house, then you probably won't agree. It's definitely cheesy and occasionally predictable.

That said, it's just as much comedy as it is horror. In fact, it's not really a horror movie at all. Just creepy. The kids in the movie are relatable and actually hilarious during certain parts. The twist is also predictable but still works.

:) :) :) / :) :) :) :)

Give me the keys to the website, WZ.

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
But being right or wrong IS binary


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 23124
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
W_Z wrote:
there's an austrian movie called "goodnight mommy" that has a similar plot and looks a lot more unnerving and strange.


There's probably a Swedish one from the 70s with way more titties.

_________________
Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.
- Ronald Wright (misquoting John Steinbeck)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 27878
Location: ...
leashyourkids wrote:
Honestly, I thought it was a very good movie. If you don't like the simple storyline of a horror movie set in an old house, then you probably won't agree. It's definitely cheesy and occasionally predictable.

That said, it's just as much comedy as it is horror. In fact, it's not really a horror movie at all. Just creepy. The kids in the movie are relatable and actually hilarious during certain parts. The twist is also predictable but still works.

:) :) :) / :) :) :) :)

Give me the keys to the website, WZ.


first up, "Transporter: Refueled."

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group