Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 33762
Curious Hair wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ryan Getzlaf has yet to score this series.


He has a big bundle of assists, though. At least five, maybe six. He's making things happen, even if slugs like Patrick Maroon are getting the most credit.

:lol: If Toews were scoreless in this series, no matter what else he was doing, you would be riding his ass with every comment.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Sox fan is just a negative douchebag


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 13861
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC strong.

_________________
- I can't complain but sometimes I still do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 11:10 am
Posts: 23124
Location: Rock Ridge (splendid!)
pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Shaw makes me feel better. If there is a game 7 I will be watching in Crystal Lake!!!!!!!!

Fuckballs. Really? Will there be a gays meet up?



I am in for a family grad party Holiday Inn and Suites on 31 of 90.


which family?
:D :D :D





:D

_________________
Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.
- Ronald Wright (misquoting John Steinbeck)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
pittmike wrote:
Darkside wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Shaw makes me feel better. If there is a game 7 I will be watching in Crystal Lake!!!!!!!!

Fuckballs. Really? Will there be a gays meet up?



Anyway no guarantees on the game as it is same as family thing but I hit town Friday noon and out sometime early Sunday. Any ideas and I will try. Even if only for the third OT. :lol:

Mike you really have to make your family understand that sometimes meeting strangers from an internet message board trumps anything else you may be in town for.

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 13861
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
:lol: youse two

_________________
- I can't complain but sometimes I still do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16450
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Ryan Getzlaf has yet to score this series.


He has a big bundle of assists, though. At least five, maybe six. He's making things happen, even if slugs like Patrick Maroon are getting the most credit.

:lol: If Toews were scoreless in this series, no matter what else he was doing, you would be riding his ass with every comment.


Absofuckinglutly correct.

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm
Posts: 18626
pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I still don't really understand the Hossa contract.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
I still don't really understand the Hossa contract.

What is it that you don't understand? He had just forgone a huge contract in 2008 to take a one-year trial with the Red Wings, who instead committed to Franzen and Zetterberg. He was going to get a huge contract from someone, presumably following the frontloading pattern that Franzen and Zetterberg themselves had just received. He got it from the Hawks and they won two Cups largely because of him.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm
Posts: 18626
pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm all for it, he's probably my favorite player.

$7.9 million 2009-2016
2016-17 $4 million.
2017-2019 $1 million
and the last 2 years $750,000.

I don't understand the structuring, I guess. It seems like everybody knows he won't play out the last years maybe 4ish of them. Do they have to pay him if he goes on IR?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
I'm all for it, he's probably my favorite player.

$7.9 million 2009-2016
2016-17 $4 million.
2017-2019 $1 million
and the last 2 years $750,000.

I don't understand the structuring, I guess. It seems like everybody knows he won't play out the last years maybe 4ish of them. Do they have to pay him if he goes on IR?

Where are you seeing $750,000 for the last two years? I saw $1MM for the last four.

The structuring is to lower the cap hit while paying him at/over market value early on.

If he goes on long-term injured reserve with post-concussion syndrome or general soreness or whatever, they'll have to pay him the rest of the money, but the cap hit can be kinda-sorta replaced during the regular season. He''ll count against the cap in the summer, which will complicate signing people a little bit even with the 10% offseason cushion. Still beats dead cap space.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm
Posts: 18626
pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
That's what cap geek has. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4300131 I looked at espn. It's really not important. I guess I don't understand why it wasn't 55M til 2017 or something like that. He's still valuable to the team but costs a lot at the same time. Everybody knows and said at the time he wouldn't play out the contract.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
55 over 8 would have been a 6.875 cap hit. Nobody thought the NHL was really going to do anything about frontloaded contracts until the Devils reduced the whole concept to absurdity with Ilya Kovalchuk. At the time, the solution to the dummy years was just for him to retire when he got to them. There was no fear of cap recapture because it wasn't invented until 2013.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 17061
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, it seemed like you were gone for a while. I'm glad you're back.


We need your shit tight and right for the game tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16450
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
SomeGuy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Oh, it seemed like you were gone for a while. I'm glad you're back.


We need your shit tight and right for the game tonight.


And for tomorrow nights game too!

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:57 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:29 pm
Posts: 26621
So it's gonna be Tampa Bay. Is that better than NY for the Hawks? I assume they would have been Vegas favorites against either even though they don't have home ice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16450
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Beardown wrote:
So it's gonna be Tampa Bay. Is that better than NY for the Hawks? I assume they would have been Vegas favorites against either even though they don't have home ice.


The Rangers would have been a better matchup for the Hawks than the Lightning. The Rangers had a really difficult time scoring at home for whatever reason. I am disapointed that they lost tonight.
Hawks win tomorrow night and beat the Bolts in 6.

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think Tampa will be as hard to beat as Anaheim or Nashville. The Hawks have to break their addiction to soft perimeter shots, though, because Ben Bishop will eat those creampuffs for breakfast.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16450
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't think Tampa will be as hard to beat as Anaheim or Nashville. The Hawks have to break their addiction to soft perimeter shots, though, because Ben Bishop will eat those creampuffs for breakfast.


You love the Bolts. Didn't you say that they are the best team in the NHL & a bad matchup for the Hawks?

Bishop gave up 5 or more goals in 3 of the 7 games against the Rangers. I like the Hawks chances.

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 33762
If I am a Duck fan I am really nervous about Anderson tonight. He has been shaky at best the last 2 games, and he has never been in a game 7 do or die game. Gotta think he is going to be a bundle of nerves today and hopefully that carries over to the game.

I think the Hawks are in a pretty good spot right now. Toews, Kane, Keith, and Crawford have all been playing pretty well. They have way more big game experience, and they do not have a coach who is 1-5 in game 7s.

Hawks have to come out firing on all cylinders tonight and get in Anderson's head.

I am going to say Hawks win 4 to 2.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Sox fan is just a negative douchebag


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Didn't he play in game 7 against Los Angeles last year and lose? or was that Jonas Hiller? The Ducks used like six goalies that year, I can't keep them all straight.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 33762
Curious Hair wrote:
Didn't he play in game 7 against Los Angeles last year and lose? or was that Jonas Hiller? The Ducks used like six goalies that year, I can't keep them all straight.

Gibson started and Hiller came in after their horrible start.

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Sox fan is just a negative douchebag


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Ah yes. Looking over the box scores, they had Hiller, Andersen, and Gibson all play in that series.

So in the Ducks' last Game 7, the Kings got out to a 4-0 lead by the beginning of the second period, ultimately won 6-2. In 2013 against the Red Wings, Detroit was up 3-1 late in the third until a late Beauchemin goal cut the lead with about three minutes to go, wasn't enough, Wings held on. All three of the Hawks' Game 7s have gone to overtime, with that late Toews goal forcing OT against Vancouver in a loss, Hjalmarsson's late goal getting washed out due to fucking bullshit against Detroit, and then last year's game where they kept blowing leads. So that's one win out of five between the two teams. All I know is that I'm going to be really nervous. By rights, the Hawks should have this, but hey, it's hockey.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm
Posts: 18626
pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm so excited and nervous. 5 more hours. I typically love evening games but can't wait for this to start.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 33762
The Hawks have game 7 rabbits foot in Richards...

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Sox fan is just a negative douchebag


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Posts: 16450
Location: Chicago, Illinois
pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
5 - 1 Hawks.

_________________
CSFMB 2014 Nascar Pick 'em Champion

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 am
Posts: 4688
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm so nervous to the point I feel sick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Hockey Gay wrote:
I'm so nervous to the point I feel sick.

Same here. I want to throw up.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:45 am
Posts: 4120
pizza_Place: Salerno's
Among the remaining goalies in the Stanley Cup playoffs, Bishop has the best Save % and the best GAA....and he posted two game 7 shutouts---stopping 31/31 vs Detroit in Tampa and 22/22 @ MSG.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 4:11 pm
Posts: 33762
No line changes

20-19-88
29-91-81
10-80-86
11-16-65

_________________
"He is a loathsome, offensive brute
--yet I can't look away."


Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Sox fan is just a negative douchebag


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 40219
Location: Darkside Estates
Brent Sopel looks like the guy you call the cops on if he's near a school.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group