Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
ZephMarshack wrote:
Didn't see it mentioned in this thread but:
Frank Isola wrote:
The front office rift with Thibodeau accelerated when coaching staff wanted to draft Draymond Green in 2012. They took Marquis Teague. Oops
Oy vey.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Didn't see it mentioned in this thread but:
Frank Isola wrote:
The front office rift with Thibodeau accelerated when coaching staff wanted to draft Draymond Green in 2012. They took Marquis Teague. Oops
Oy vey.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why would they want Draemond Green when the already had Taj Gibson? Taj Gibson was better than half the starting PFs in the league. That was of course until he wasn't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm
Posts: 4032
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
Thibodeau won 65% of his games even though Rose only played in 47% of them. Not many coaches can win 65% of their games when Deng and Augustine are your best scorers in half of them. Let that sink in.


You're right, and it was funny to hear Paxson cite Cleveland's recent injuries as a reason for disappointment in not taking advantage of the opportunity to beat them, but he conveniently didn't mention the injuries Thibs had to try to overcome.


Chicago still had enough. Cleveland had two major pieces succumb to injuries. Gasol is extremely important but we were the deeper team.

_________________
Ben Carson wrote:
Fatah and hummos operate in a constant state of conflict


Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Yes I'm racist. But I do not have sexual relations with horses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's really not so difficult to win with LeBron James. In fact, we may get a chance to see Thibodeau do it soon.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
LeBron James has lost 10 yrs out of 12. He can be beat and the Bulls should have beat him. That offense was constructed by Thibs and it stunk. The Bulls struggled against the Milwaukee Bucks. The Bulls had enough talent to beat Cleveland.

Why hasn't anyone on here ever addressed Thibs refusal to sit Kirk Hinrich. I know the apologists will say Hinrich wasn't the reason they lost. How do you know. It was obvious to anyone that Hinrich was bad yet Thibs kept trotting him out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:21 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
Thibodeau won 65% of his games even though Rose only played in 47% of them. Not many coaches can win 65% of their games when Deng and Augustine are your best scorers in half of them. Let that sink in.


You're right, and it was funny to hear Paxson cite Cleveland's recent injuries as a reason for disappointment in not taking advantage of the opportunity to beat them, but he conveniently didn't mention the injuries Thibs had to try to overcome.


Chicago still had enough. Cleveland had two major pieces succumb to injuries. Gasol is extremely important but we were the deeper team.


Clearly that wasn't true. The Cavs became better defensively because of their injuries and their bench kicked the shit out of ours. A limited Kyrie was still better than Rose for most of the series.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:24 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
LeBron James has lost 10 yrs out of 12.


That's an interesting way to put it. He's also been to the finals five years in a row. Not even Jordan did that.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Chuck Swirsky just said he supported the move and the Bulls should have beat the Cavaliers. For all the people who lavish love on LeBron James and believe that he is insurmountable, it was the guy that he guarded who won the MVP of last yrs finals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
LeBron James has lost 10 yrs out of 12.


That's an interesting way to put it. He's also been to the finals five years in a row. Not even Jordan did that.

Everyone knows that Jordan took basically two yrs off and the East was much better during that era. Nice rhetorical sleight of hand on that one Jorr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:27 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:
Chuck Swirsky just said he supported the move and the Bulls should have beat the Cavaliers. For all the people who lavish love on LeBron James and believe that he is insurmountable, it was the guy that he guarded who won the MVP of last yrs finals


Do you really think this Bulls team (which includes all its injuries) was better and more talented than this Cavs team (including its injuries)?

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:31 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
Chuck Swirsky just said he supported the move and the Bulls should have beat the Cavaliers. For all the people who lavish love on LeBron James and believe that he is insurmountable, it was the guy that he guarded who won the MVP of last yrs finals


What did you expect him or any other Bulls employee to say? Stacy King owes Waddle dinner because he said Thibs would be back because he's a great coach. Then a day or so before he was fired he made his rounds saying he should be fired because of mins and that a new voice is needed.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:31 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Chuck Swirsky just said he supported the move and the Bulls should have beat the Cavaliers. For all the people who lavish love on LeBron James and believe that he is insurmountable, it was the guy that he guarded who won the MVP of last yrs finals


Do you really think this Bulls team (which includes all its injuries) was better and more talented than this Cavs team (including its injuries)?


A hobbled Kyrie was still better than Delicate Rose for most of the series.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:38 am 
Offline
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 41106
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Paxson, Mr Intense, likes the intense coach, claims to like the guy who doesnt agree with him, then he hires them, fights with them and fires them....no matter if the team wins or not.

Just not a good story from the Bulls.

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
bigfan wrote:
Paxson, Mr Intense, likes the intense coach, claims to like the guy who doesnt agree with him, then he hires them, fights with them and fires them....no matter if the team wins or not.

Just not a good story from the Bulls.


What they're doing to Thibodeau right now is beyond low. I can't see how anyone would want to work for people like that if they had other options.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:06 am 
Offline
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 41106
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
in 7 years, I PROMISE, assuming Jerry is still alive, he will speak of Thibbs as one of his best friends.

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Chuck Swirsky just said he supported the move and the Bulls should have beat the Cavaliers. For all the people who lavish love on LeBron James and believe that he is insurmountable, it was the guy that he guarded who won the MVP of last yrs finals


Do you really think this Bulls team (which includes all its injuries) was better and more talented than this Cavs team (including its injuries)?



Yes I do. With Love out and Irving barely walking, not to mention mininum 3 bad to terrible performances by James. This Bulls team was down Gasol. Most people here believed that Gibson was better than Gasol prior to the start of the season. Its disingenuous to suggest that he is a bum all of a sudden. He should have been able to fill in for Gasol at the very least. Thompson filled in for Love and outplayed Gibson.

I Forgot about Noah. He was obviously hurt and largely ineffective. The Bulls offense should have been better though. They struggled a lot during the season even while healthy and a lot of it had to do with style of play. Thibs micromanaged the offense to the point where they were not allowed to play the game. Look at some of their out of bounds plays and the difficulty they had with orchaestrating plays.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Chuck Swirsky just said he supported the move and the Bulls should have beat the Cavaliers. For all the people who lavish love on LeBron James and believe that he is insurmountable, it was the guy that he guarded who won the MVP of last yrs finals


Do you really think this Bulls team (which includes all its injuries) was better and more talented than this Cavs team (including its injuries)?


A hobbled Kyrie was still better than Delicate Rose for most of the series.



Last summer I told you that I believed that a healthy Irving was better than a healthy Rose. He is more skilled than Rose. Always has been.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:51 pm
Posts: 5512
Location: Calumet City
pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
bigfan wrote:
in 7 years, I PROMISE, assuming Jerry is still alive, he will speak of Thibbs as one of his best friends.

just like LaRussa and Ozzie

_________________
STU-GOTZ wrote:
Well Mac told me to to tell you to go FUCK YOURSELF!!! ..So now it's been said .. .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:40 pm
Posts: 2746
pizza_Place: Pat's...South Loop
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's really not so difficult to win with LeBron James. In fact, we may get a chance to see Thibodeau do it soon.


That's GarPax's worst nightmare...but I'm not sure LeBron wants Stalag Thibodeau at this point in his career.

_________________
To IkeSouth, bigfan wrote:
Are you stoned or pissed off, or both, when you create these postings?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:49 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's really not so difficult to win with LeBron James. In fact, we may get a chance to see Thibodeau do it soon.


That's GarPax's worst nightmare...but I'm not sure LeBron wants Stalag Thibodeau at this point in his career.


If LeBron is the guy everyone says he is, I think he would welcome Thibs with open arms.

It's funny how people spin different things. If bernstein was a Thibs fan, he would be saying you can't judge him by the small sample of the playoffs with a bunch of hurt players.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm
Posts: 4032
pizza_Place: Malnati's
One can criticize both sides and not be contradictory. Management sucks for the way they handled the firing but Thibs needed to go anyway, despite his accomplishments.

_________________
Ben Carson wrote:
Fatah and hummos operate in a constant state of conflict


Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Yes I'm racist. But I do not have sexual relations with horses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:07 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
veganfan21 wrote:
One can criticize both sides and not be contradictory. Management sucks for the way they handled the firing but Thibs needed to go anyway, despite his accomplishments.



I agree. I posted something to that effect early in this thread.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
One can criticize both sides and not be contradictory. Management sucks for the way they handled the firing but Thibs needed to go anyway, despite his accomplishments.



I agree. I posted something to that effect early in this thread.



When you really get down to it there isn't really a good way to fire a person. They took some digs at him but I bet there was a whole lot of stuff that they wanted to say but couldn't. There will be a number of leaks released in the next couple of months. That's usually how this stuff works.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 12347
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It's really not so difficult to win with LeBron James. In fact, we may get a chance to see Thibodeau do it soon.


That's GarPax's worst nightmare...but I'm not sure LeBron wants Stalag Thibodeau at this point in his career.


If LeBron is the guy everyone says he is, I think he would welcome Thibs with open arms.

It's funny how people spin different things. If bernstein was a Thibs fan, he would be saying you can't judge him by the small sample of the playoffs with a bunch of hurt players.


not to mention with a guy who only likes to rehab and not win game 6

_________________

touch my dick


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
The new Adrian wojonowarski column is very interesting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Peoria Matt wrote:
The new Adrian wojonowarski column is very interesting


Quote:
Perhaps this partnership was forever doomed. Thibodeau was Jerry Reinsdorf's choice to coach the Bulls, choosing him over Paxson's (Doug Collins) and Forman's (Lawrence Frank and Mike Brown). This was Reinsdorf's way. He hired Del Negro, too. Like Del Negro, management spent more time undermining Thibodeau than it did supporting him.


:shock:

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 15046
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
LFrank! Now that guy knows how to run some stuff!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Peoria Matt wrote:
The new Adrian wojonowarski column is very interesting

It was a very good read.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It doesn't augur well for Fred Hoiberg that his biggest champion wanted to hire Mr. Potato Head.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Clown college front office. It should attract the best and brightest. I wonder who the UNI coach is. He might be next after Hoiberg.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group