Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Paxson starting to look a lot like Ben Kinglsey.

He who chokes one coach chokes the world entire.

:lol: :lol:

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 am
Posts: 11921
pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Paxson or Gar should coach the team.


No they should do what good GMS do. Go and find a better coach. There are better coaches out there than Thibs and it will become apparent soon. If Paxson botches the hire he should be fired. I don't think Reinsdorf will ever do that. I can see Paxson resigning before that happens.


Do good GMs go through 4 coaches in a 12 years?

That's just the tip of the GarPax iceberg that has helped wreck the Bulls.


He got the Thibs hire right and Skiles was a decent coach. He bombed on the Del Negro hire. I don't know how he wrecked the Bulls when most of the analysts believed that the Bulls are a talented team. I don't care about the behind the scenes stuff. That's for the Cowley and K.C. types. The team that they trotted out was good enough to make it to the finals. A guy like Thibs would never have made the moves that Kerr made. Kerr made two personnel moves that paid off big time this yr. He placed Green and Barnes in the starting lineup this yr. Thibs would never have made that move.

On paper and in theory they don't get you closer to a championship. No one ever suggested that these moves would get Golden State closer to a championship but they did. Iggy and David Lee were higher paid and more established yet Kerr immediately made the adjustment and never looked back. In Lee's case he was injured before the season and never returned to the starting lineup. Lee is now out of the rotation though he was considered a key cog before the season. That's an adjustment Thibs would never make. He would play it safe and go with his vets.

:lol: Yeah, Tibbs would play David Lee. Ok.

_________________
Ба́бушка гада́ла, да на́двое сказа́ла—то ли до́ждик, то ли снег, то ли бу́дет, то ли нет.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 8746
Can someone tell me if Garpax is winning the press conference today?

_________________
Irish Boy wrote:
I'd stick a gun in my mouth if it were me, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.


shakes wrote:

I still say that no one was hurt worse by 9/11 than me. Could've probably extended my reality tv career had it not happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Nas wrote:
Consistently gets outcoached? Even this year he had a Derrick Rose that was 2 games back from a knee injury and a Noah who was playing on 1 leg. Taj clearly peaked the season before or he was also injured. Throw in Gasol's injury and the suckage from Brooks and Mirotic and this wasn't a great Bulls team. They still should have won but let's not get carried away.

Thibs is considered a top 5 coach and will be great at his next stop. There aren't many coaches better than him.


Cleveland just beat the Bulls with Delladanova and James Jones "how do they get you closer to a championship" playing big minutes. Rose was not on one leg during the playoffs and wasn't you that stated that even a rusty "Rose" is better than Kyrie Irving. I keep hearing how Thibs is this great coach but can anyone "for the love of god" name one adjustment that he made during the playoffs? Kidd trapped the screen and roll with Rose and created havoc. Cleveland played off Noah's dribble hand off and the Bulls were clueless. Shumpert and J.R. took turns lighting up Dunleavy and Hinrich he refused to change the cover. Where was this great coach when all of this was taking place?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am
Posts: 9532
Location: Boofoo Zoo
pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hawg Ass wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
I'm a basketball idiot as I very casually follow the league, but why would any sought after reputable coaching candidate ever come to Chicago again after seeing this front office just go scorched earth on Thibs? The Bulls appear childish and petty today.

Because there are only 30 of these very lucrative jobs.

That works for shitty coaches and first timers, but not so much for quality coaches that have more than one option. Not that it matters, because Gar/Pax will never hire a coach with a real pedigree, just people they can push around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
KDdidit wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Northside_Dan wrote:
I'm a basketball idiot as I very casually follow the league, but why would any sought after reputable coaching candidate ever come to Chicago again after seeing this front office just go scorched earth on Thibs? The Bulls appear childish and petty today.

Because there are only 30 of these very lucrative jobs.

That works for shitty coaches and first timers, but not so much for quality coaches that have more than one option. Not that it matters, because Gar/Pax will never hire a coach with a real pedigree, just people they can push around.



The philosophy of refusing to deal with agents is going to take you out of the running for a lot of established guys.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 15046
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
they don't want established guys. they want guys they can control.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Hatchetman wrote:
they don't want established guys. they want guys they can control.


Right, but you're more likely to get another Del Negro than anyone worth a damn. And it's a vicious circle. Once a guy has success he's no longer grateful for the chance. You never hear Phil thanking Jerry Krause for pulling him out of the driver's seat of the Albany Patroons bus.

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm
Posts: 4032
pizza_Place: Malnati's
What's so bad about trying to suggest to your coach that playing injury-prone starters 40+ minutes a game in January is counterproductive?

_________________
Ben Carson wrote:
Fatah and hummos operate in a constant state of conflict


Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Yes I'm racist. But I do not have sexual relations with horses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:50 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
they don't want established guys. they want guys they can control.


Right, but you're more likely to get another Del Negro than anyone worth a damn. And it's a vicious circle. Once a guy has success he's no longer grateful for the chance. You never hear Phil thanking Jerry Krause for pulling him out of the driver's seat of the Albany Patroons bus.


:lol: :lol:

No you do not.

The real Phil Jackson autobiography will be done when he is finished in the NBA. And it will not be pretty either.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Why doesn't Pax just go coach the damn team himself it he wants to dictate everything to the coach?

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
they don't want established guys. they want guys they can control.


Right, but you're more likely to get another Del Negro than anyone worth a damn. And it's a vicious circle. Once a guy has success he's no longer grateful for the chance. You never hear Phil thanking Jerry Krause for pulling him out of the driver's seat of the Albany Patroons bus.


:lol: :lol:

No you do not.

The real Phil Jackson autobiography will be done when he is finished in the NBA. And it will not be pretty either.



I guess he can start finishing it up any time now. :lol:

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SomeGuy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I just read a tweet that said they have security there waiting to escort him out of the building. :lol:


Whoop somebodies ass Thibbs!!!


Any established coach or any coach that actually wants to improve their career and coaching rep isn't going to touch the Bulls with a ten-foot clown pole.

You want to come to the Bulls? You better be a good little robot puppet or Pax and the Boyz are going to ruin you and make your life a living hell.

A bunch of amateurs.

Ethan Skolnik agrees.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick
Why would any coach take the Bulls job after reading this press release on Thibodeau's firing? http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/tomthibodeau528

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:04 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
What's so bad about trying to suggest to your coach that playing injury-prone starters 40+ minutes a game in January is counterproductive?


Except that wasn't the issue. The Bulls bought the groceries and hired a good chef but still wanted to tell the chef how to cook. When he objected they fired his top assistant and decided to assassinate his character and bring into question his ability as a coach. Even today they didn't want to give him credit for anything.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
badrogue17 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I just read a tweet that said they have security there waiting to escort him out of the building. :lol:


Whoop somebodies ass Thibbs!!!


Any established coach or any coach that actually wants to improve their career and coaching rep isn't going to touch the Bulls with a ten-foot clown pole.

You want to come to the Bulls? You better be a good little robot puppet or Pax and the Boyz are going to ruin you and make your life a living hell.

A bunch of amateurs.

Ethan Skolnik agrees.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick
Why would any coach take the Bulls job after reading this press release on Thibodeau's firing? http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/tomthibodeau528


Loud voices are meeting in offices via Skype.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 17468
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Why wasn't they asked about Fred Hoiberg.

_________________
Hillary Clinton will win the Democratic Presidential Nomination


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
What's so bad about trying to suggest to your coach that playing injury-prone starters 40+ minutes a game in January is counterproductive?


Except that wasn't the issue. The Bulls bought the groceries and hired a good chef but still wanted to tell the chef how to cook. When he objected they fired his top assistant and decided to assassinate his character and bring into question his ability as a coach. Even today they didn't want to give him credit for anything.



Jerry puts out that drivel today while trying to ignore the fact that Phil and Krause never got along and still won six championships.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
Why wasn't they asked about Fred Hoiberg.

No one asks the tough questions at these things.

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm
Posts: 4032
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
What's so bad about trying to suggest to your coach that playing injury-prone starters 40+ minutes a game in January is counterproductive?


Except that wasn't the issue. The Bulls bought the groceries and hired a good chef but still wanted to tell the chef how to cook. When he objected they fired his top assistant and decided to assassinate his character and bring into question his ability as a coach. Even today they didn't want to give him credit for anything.


Attacking him through the press is a separate issue. I'm not going to blame every injury on Thibs' style but he should have dialed it back some. If you're going to provide groceries to the chef you have cause to ensure he's not going to overheat things. Judging by player reaction, and especially gasols commentary early in the season, that's exactly what Thibs did.

_________________
Ben Carson wrote:
Fatah and hummos operate in a constant state of conflict


Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Yes I'm racist. But I do not have sexual relations with horses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
The spin on this one is truly amazing. Jeff Van Gundy goes on national television and tears Bulls management a new asshole. Does anyone doubt that he was speaking for Thibs? Yet all we hear about is the undermining of Thibs by Bulls management.


I'm also wondering about the spin on this minutes thing. There are a number of people that questioned Thibs about playing guys too many minutes. It was an issue long before Paxson and Gar made it an issue. Why is it that the anti Paxson crowd has made this their cause-celebre as to why he is an idiot. I'm sure that many of the Anti Paxson types were questioning this before Paxson made his feelings known. Now that Paxson has also questioned it they are calling Paxson an idiot for making it an issue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jordan averaged 40 minutes a game the year after his foot surgery and 38 minutes a game during the title runs.

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 am
Posts: 1813
pizza_Place: Drag's
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
Why wasn't they asked about Fred Hoiberg.

No one asks the tough questions at these things.


As one half of the small but loud Cyclone contigent, all's I can say is Oy.

http://amestrib.com/sports/men-s-basket ... rn-2015-16

_________________
Soccer 1,2,3
Spanish Honor Society 1,2,3,4
Forensics 1,2,3,4

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 17061
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
long time guy wrote:
The spin on this one is truly amazing. Jeff Van Gundy goes on national television and tears Bulls management a new asshole. Does anyone doubt that he was speaking for Thibs? Yet all we hear about is the undermining of Thibs by Bulls management.


I'm also wondering about the spin on this minutes thing. There are a number of people that questioned Thibs about playing guys too many minutes. It was an issue long before Paxson and Gar made it an issue. Why is it that the anti Paxson crowd has made this their cause-celebre as to why he is an idiot. I'm sure that many of the Anti Paxson types were questioning this before Paxson made his feelings known. Now that Paxson has also questioned it they are calling Paxson an idiot for making it an issue.


:lol: :lol:
You're using the Van Gundy thing as something to tar and feather Thibs with? GarPax and the Front Office Boyz hammered Thibs over the last 2 seasons or more with planted stories, media leaks and a never ending quest to undermine him as a coach and undermine him within his own locker room. GarPax even leaked that lame ass "Exit Interview" story this morning of the day they were going to FIRE HIM.

Have you ever thought that if, maybe, GarPax didn't form a concerted, all hands on deck, attempt to undermine, thwart and run Thibs out of town that Coach Thibs would have been more receptive to changing his coaching style to something a tad more pliable?

Weak ass shit, long time guy.

You're out to lunch on this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
What's so bad about trying to suggest to your coach that playing injury-prone starters 40+ minutes a game in January is counterproductive?


Except that wasn't the issue. The Bulls bought the groceries and hired a good chef but still wanted to tell the chef how to cook. When he objected they fired his top assistant and decided to assassinate his character and bring into question his ability as a coach. Even today they didn't want to give him credit for anything.



Jerry puts out that drivel today while trying to ignore the fact that Phil and Krause never got along and still won six championships.


Seacrest.....we will agree all day long on this subject. .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
badrogue17 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
I just read a tweet that said they have security there waiting to escort him out of the building. :lol:


Whoop somebodies ass Thibbs!!!


Any established coach or any coach that actually wants to improve their career and coaching rep isn't going to touch the Bulls with a ten-foot clown pole.

You want to come to the Bulls? You better be a good little robot puppet or Pax and the Boyz are going to ruin you and make your life a living hell.

A bunch of amateurs.

Ethan Skolnik agrees.

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick
Why would any coach take the Bulls job after reading this press release on Thibodeau's firing? http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/tomthibodeau528


Did you tweet this to Bernsie?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:50 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:00 am
Posts: 31381
Location: Chicago Heights
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Image

_________________
They can't hang up on me here!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 13861
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
I would still stick it in that crazy ass bitch just ONE time. :lol:

_________________
- I can't complain but sometimes I still do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Man, the Republican Party has more burritos than Pilsen.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 17061
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Curious Hair wrote:
Man, the Republican Party has more burritos than Pilsen.


Wrong thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Thibbs
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Haha, whoops. I double-tabbed.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group