Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Parking Key - The Key To Parking in Chicago

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 7264
This just isn't there season.

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose spent Monday in a walking boot after injuring an ankle during Sunday afternoon's game against the New York Knicks and is uncertain for Tuesday night's rematch, according to a league source.

ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog

Bulls blog The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

Rose will be re-evaluated by the Bulls' medical staff before Tuesday morning's shootaround at the Berto Center, the source said. The Chicago Tribune initially reported Rose's situation.

Rose scored 29 points and had eight turnovers in Sunday's loss to the Knicks, missing what would have been winning shots at the buzzer in regulation and overtime, as well as a pair of free throws with 18 seconds left and the Bulls leading by three.

The reigning MVP had missed the previous 12 games because of a groin injury.

"(He was) about what we expected," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said after Sunday's game. "Some good, some bad. Handling the ball was a problem. But our whole team ... we didn't take care of the ball so we put them in the open floor."

Rose said he felt fine after the game and was just trying to get his wind back on the floor.

"I felt good," he said. "When I was out there (I was) just getting my groove back. My wind was OK; just playing. It just felt good to be out there."

After missing just one game last season, Rose has missed 22 games because of toe, back and groin injuries this year.

Rose dealt with an ankle injury during last season's playoffs, but didn't miss any games because of it. He is averaging 23 points and 7.9 assists this season.

_________________
Irish Boy wrote:
I'd stick a gun in my mouth if it were me, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 13583
Location: Lockport, IL
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Well.....does this mean he may just be a serial "ouchie" man?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 24607
This is some bullshit...

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Once again, Spaulding is the voice of reason.


2012 CSFMB March Madness Champion and CSFMB President-Elect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:55 pm
Posts: 4377
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Randall Road House
Best record in East, and yet I agree it appears their season will disappoint. His last game proves that Rose needs game action before the playoffs to get ready and regain his legs. But these types of injuries are going to slow him down even when healthy.

_________________
If you're gonna have a big head, make sure it's the head below the waist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 am 
Online
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 8927
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Probably his groin. He's beginning to annoy me because he's so fucking fragile.

_________________
Jay Cutler will lead the Bears to the Super Bowl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 13583
Location: Lockport, IL
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Nas wrote:
Probably his groin. He's beginning to annoy me because he's so fucking fragile.


Yeah....he's damn close are already at the point of being titled "Injury Prone".

My concern is that the Bulls won't see this for what it is and continue to do the "hold the line" tact concerning building the team. So they will end up with an dynamite PG that is out 15-20 games per season and no other studs to make the team legit in his absence.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 24607
Nas wrote:
He's beginning to annoy me because he's so fucking fragile.

This really isn't surprising though. This happens to all players of his size that take a beating night after night.

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Once again, Spaulding is the voice of reason.


2012 CSFMB March Madness Champion and CSFMB President-Elect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 am
Posts: 8293
pizza_Place: Investigating
He is on pace to miss more games than A.I. for the first 4 years.

edit with the number... A.I. missed was 22. which is the same as Rose. A.I. only missed 2 games in the shortened 98/99 season.


Last edited by beni hanna on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:41 am 
Online
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 8927
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
He's beginning to annoy me because he's so fucking fragile.

This really isn't surprising though. This happens to all players of his size that take a beating night after night.


Not this early in their careers.

_________________
Jay Cutler will lead the Bears to the Super Bowl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am
Posts: 13501
Location: Underneath the Grace of Timothy Richard Tebow
pizza_Place: ------
Nas wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Nas wrote:
He's beginning to annoy me because he's so fucking fragile.

This really isn't surprising though. This happens to all players of his size that take a beating night after night.


Not this early in their careers.

Have no fear Rip Hamilton is here to teach him about toughness and playing through adversity

_________________
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You win this one Phil McCracken.

jimmypasta wrote:
Here is mine: My name is Jim & I enjoy pasta.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 7264
Quote:
K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
John Paxson tells #Bulls flagship station WMVP that DRose is "sore" and "we're not going to risk anything" with him
.

_________________
Irish Boy wrote:
I'd stick a gun in my mouth if it were me, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 am 
Online
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 8927
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kobe needs to give him a call.

_________________
Jay Cutler will lead the Bears to the Super Bowl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 40949
Location: Barfagloggle, Indiana
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Should've picked Beasley.

_________________
Kid Cairo's Boers & Bernstein YouTube Channel

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:06 am 
Online
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 8927
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Should've picked Beasley.


Scott Pippen was the 3rd option for the last 3-Peat.

_________________
Jay Cutler will lead the Bears to the Super Bowl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 40949
Location: Barfagloggle, Indiana
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Nas wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Should've picked Beasley.


Scott Pippen was the 3rd option for the last 3-Peat.

:lol: You must've been watching a different TV.

_________________
Kid Cairo's Boers & Bernstein YouTube Channel

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 13583
Location: Lockport, IL
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Nas wrote:
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
Should've picked Beasley.


Scott Pippen was the 3rd option for the last 3-Peat.



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 7264
Quote:
K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop
Thibodeau said DRose is gametime. Said injury happened in 2nd quarter when he landed on somebody's foot. #Bulls


Then why did he play so much after the injury happened Sunday?

_________________
Irish Boy wrote:
I'd stick a gun in my mouth if it were me, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 8164
pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
This is crazy for a guy that young. FRAGILE.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 am
Posts: 8293
pizza_Place: Investigating
K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop

Thibodeau said DRose is gametime. Said injury happened in 2nd quarter when he landed on somebody's foot. #Bulls

edited for when the injury happened...Trib..."I remember driving middle and Fields was right there," Rose said. "I was thinking about passing and I just felt my ankle turn. I threw the ball, Taj (Gibson) ended up catching it and gave it back to me. I couldn’t move and I threw it to Luol (Deng) when he was under the basket. I don’t know what happened after that.


Last edited by beni hanna on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:34 am 
Online
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 8927
pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
He's a pussy. This isn't Chicago tough. Every other day he's complaining about an injury. Put on your big boy pants or sit down.

_________________
Jay Cutler will lead the Bears to the Super Bowl


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm
Posts: 40949
Location: Barfagloggle, Indiana
pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The Iverson comparisons are reasonable.

The reason Iverson got physically killed every night and then broke down is because he had to. His front office never gave him any help. Sound familiar? Iverson taking that team to the 2001 Finals is a testament to his desire and pure skill.

This current Bulls team going to the Finals would be very similar to those 00-01 Sixers, IMO.

_________________
Kid Cairo's Boers & Bernstein YouTube Channel

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"


Last edited by The Original Kid Cairo on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 am
Posts: 8293
pizza_Place: Investigating
Nas is back.

Say what you say...

http://hulkshare.com/85ho9yk0i9qd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 13583
Location: Lockport, IL
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
The Iverson comparisons are reasonable.

The reason Iverson got physically killed every night and then broke down is because he had to. His team never gave him any help. Sound familiar? Iverson taking that team to the 2001 Finals is a testament to his desire and pure skill.

This current Bulls team going to the Finals would be very similar to those 00-01 Sixers, IMO.


I'm going to agree with this....

As I said in my above post (why do you have me on ignore???? :( ) I don't want the Bulls to do the Bulls Thang here and just get bit players to surround the star with. This team needs more stars or at least stars that might not burn as bright but are still stars. It can't be Rose and solid bench or whatever. Boozer isn't the star and Rip is not that guy either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:55 pm
Posts: 4377
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Randall Road House
The Bulls have a strange set of players. I can't figure Boozer out. He can score and be good at times, but not consistent. Noah is solid for what he is. This is the best offensive rebounding team in the league, and that counts for a lot of extra shots each game. Deng is pretty darn good. No where near Pippen, but he can still score the ball consistently. I agree they lack a 2nd star, but they have a solid all round group. I think they showed that without Rose and Rip.

The problem with the NBA is that there just isn't that many stars. Some teams have none and very few have more than one. A couple of teams have more than one, but usually that means they are older tandems or trios like Boston and on the downside of their careers.

_________________
If you're gonna have a big head, make sure it's the head below the waist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: DRose Hurt again
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:17 am
Posts: 26020
Location: Elgin
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
The Bulls team is much better than that 01 Sixers team and there's nobody in the league resembling that Laker team.

_________________
There's never been a paper bag... for drugs. - Bunny Colvin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group