Chicago Sports Fan Message Board
http://score670.com/phpBB/

Mulli and Coop
http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=94195
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bigfan [ Thu May 28, 2015 9:12 am ]
Post subject:  Mulli and Coop

Mulligan knows Coop is an Ahole, but Coop reprsesents the White Sox, Mulligans team, so he tries and tries to humanize Coop, tries to start a good conversation between them. Today Coop talked about the Mets being his team, as he grew up a fan. Mulligan then chimed in about the Sox and thats how he grew up and how he can understands Coops fandom of a team....Coop responds with a "So, what's your question?"

5 seconds of dead air as Mulligan is probably fuming....Mulli responds with a "I was just trying to talk to you about your team......anyways today you have 2 games...good luck"

Interview Over, Coops Check in the mail and another shining moment of White Sox PR on WSCR.

Should ask DJ if he wants the gig, at least he wouldnt be a dick each week...and as I have said, DJ is a really good baseball guy to listen to outside of the boobs he has been paired with since being with the Sox.

Author:  bigfan [ Thu May 28, 2015 9:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Side note: Coop threw in a "It drives me nuts people think the players dont care"

BOB FROM NILES Tweets out a "YArrrrrr"

GASMONEYBOB
RAMBLINGRIMMACE
BOBFROMNILES


Thoughts?

Ramblin is TPeeps, thats why he doesnt post, he found his own stardom via the shows in his new character....

not sure on the other Tweeters

Author:  badrogue17 [ Thu May 28, 2015 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

bigfan wrote:
Mulligan knows Coop is an Ahole, but Coop reprsesents the White Sox, Mulligans team, so he tries and tries to humanize Coop, tries to start a good conversation between them. Today Coop talked about the Mets being his team, as he grew up a fan. Mulligan then chimed in about the Sox and thats how he grew up and how he can understands Coops fandom of a team....Coop responds with a "So, what's your question?"

5 seconds of dead air as Mulligan is probably fuming....Mulli responds with a "I was just trying to talk to you about your team......anyways today you have 2 games...good luck"

Interview Over, Coops Check in the mail and another shining moment of White Sox PR on WSCR.

Should ask DJ if he wants the gig, at least he wouldnt be a dick each week...and as I have said, DJ is a really good baseball guy to listen to outside of the boobs he has been paired with since being with the Sox.

I think its as simple as Cooper ( in addition to being a douche0 just has major disdain for the media and fans. He's always referencing the "you guys say this and that " stuff and pretty much dismissed anyones opinion thats not "in the clubhouse" .

Author:  SomeGuy [ Thu May 28, 2015 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

bigfan wrote:
Mulligan knows Coop is an Ahole, but Coop reprsesents the White Sox, Mulligans team, so he tries and tries to humanize Coop, tries to start a good conversation between them. Today Coop talked about the Mets being his team, as he grew up a fan. Mulligan then chimed in about the Sox and thats how he grew up and how he can understands Coops fandom of a team....Coop responds with a "So, what's your question?"

5 seconds of dead air as Mulligan is probably fuming....Mulli responds with a "I was just trying to talk to you about your team......anyways today you have 2 games...good luck"

Interview Over, Coops Check in the mail and another shining moment of White Sox PR on WSCR.

Should ask DJ if he wants the gig, at least he wouldnt be a dick each week...and as I have said, DJ is a really good baseball guy to listen to outside of the boobs he has been paired with since being with the Sox.


DJ is good outside of the booth, although he'd be better inside of the booth if, as you stated, he wasn't paired with clowns. The Coop thing has been old for a long, long time. It used to be kind of funny in a way but it's tiresome. At least Mully doesn't take his shit.

I'll actually agree with you on the promotional aspect of this, what is the gain from having an agitated and resentful asshole Coop on? There isn't even a good conversation to be had just bad awkward/uncomfortable radio that makes one PTFB....which is the opposite of what you want to happen.

Author:  pittmike [ Thu May 28, 2015 10:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Isn't part of the problem that many times over many local sports teams WSCR chooses bad people to sign to shows?

Author:  Cicero Dave [ Thu May 28, 2015 10:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Coop is a jerk but "so what's your question" is something that 99.999% of guests should say to Mulligan.

Author:  Curious Hair [ Thu May 28, 2015 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Does Darrin Jackson do any guest spots on 670? You'd think they'd use him more, but I guess they're pretty committed to Steve Stone (even after he ditched them to do that terrible failed sports-talk experiment with Roe & Roeper, skypoint).

Author:  bigfan [ Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Curious Hair wrote:
Does Darrin Jackson do any guest spots on 670? You'd think they'd use him more, but I guess they're pretty committed to Steve Stone (even after he ditched them to do that terrible failed sports-talk experiment with Roe & Roeper, skypoint).



he does the post game wrapup from his car sometimes with Rongey. Not sure if it is every game? home games? or even a paid spot...

Go find some DJ doing national games...he is really good.

Author:  Curious Hair [ Thu May 28, 2015 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Yeah, he sounds much better when he's paired with actual broadcasters. I'm kind of shocked he's not doing a weekly thing with the morning or midday show, I guess.

Author:  Godfella [ Thu May 28, 2015 4:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

No worries... Coop will bring in a big box of donuts for the morning show and all will be sunshine & rainbows again.

The Cranky Coop segment is about as enjoyable as 4 hours of the Grown-Ass Men midday show, Giggles Goff and Snickers Spiegel.

Author:  bigfan [ Thu May 28, 2015 4:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Godfella wrote:
No worries... Coop will bring in a big box of donuts for the morning show and all will be sunshine & rainbows again.

The Cranky Coop segment is about as enjoyable as 4 hours of the Grown-Ass Men midday show, Giggles Goff and Snickers Spiegel.


This wasnt even close to a Coop top 10 Asshole moment. Usually Hanley is there to go after Cooper. He asks him questions that are fare and direct.....there was no question today, just a guy telling him how much he liked the Sox and Cooper only knows how to respond in the negative and Mully had nothing for him, except a "I am done"

Author:  Godfella [ Thu May 28, 2015 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Admittedly, I didn't hear today's offering. However, the few I have heard were awkward and uneasy.

So, Mully tossed him fluffy softballs and Coop went all Coop on him? :lol:

Author:  bigfan [ Thu May 28, 2015 5:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

Godfella wrote:
Admittedly, I didn't hear today's offering. However, the few I have heard were awkward and uneasy.

So, Mully tossed him fluffy softballs and Coop went all Coop on him? :lol:


Wasnt even a question....just talking to him....trying to relate to him....and Coops reaction is "So, whats the question?",,,,,and Mulli sheepishly says 'nothing...was just trying to talk to you (like a person).....'

Author:  Godfella [ Thu May 28, 2015 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

:lol:

Coop just had a kid graduate, right?

He's probably extra cranky after moving his kid and all their stuff from the dorms into his basement.

That'll do it!

Author:  billypootons [ Thu May 28, 2015 5:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

ok, i listened to the podcast of coop asking is there a question.... and I actually dont blame coop here, mulligan rambles on for a couple minutes and says nothing and definitely does not pose a question to coop when he stops talking. it belongs in the mulli rambling "question thread"

Author:  bigfan [ Thu May 28, 2015 7:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

billypootons wrote:
ok, i listened to the podcast of coop asking is there a question.... and I actually dont blame coop here, mulligan rambles on for a couple minutes and says nothing and definitely does not pose a question to coop when he stops talking. it belongs in the mulli rambling "question thread"


Not really blame, as I dont even think Coop heard what Mulligan was saying....just the natural dick reaction from Coop, from something he wasnt sure about what was said.

Yes, Mulli was rambling about being a Sox fan....but he did so as Coop just did the same thing about being a Mets fan.

Author:  312player [ Thu May 28, 2015 8:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

I like that coop treats the media like a baby treats a diaper, Mully probably rambled for 90 seconds before his "question" learn how to ask a fucking question dummy.

Author:  Beardown [ Thu May 28, 2015 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

bigfan wrote:
Mulligan knows Coop is an Ahole, but Coop reprsesents the White Sox, Mulligans team, so he tries and tries to humanize Coop, tries to start a good conversation between them. Today Coop talked about the Mets being his team, as he grew up a fan. Mulligan then chimed in about the Sox and thats how he grew up and how he can understands Coops fandom of a team....Coop responds with a "So, what's your question?"

5 seconds of dead air as Mulligan is probably fuming....Mulli responds with a "I was just trying to talk to you about your team......anyways today you have 2 games...good luck"

Interview Over, Coops Check in the mail and another shining moment of White Sox PR on WSCR.

Should ask DJ if he wants the gig, at least he wouldnt be a dick each week...and as I have said, DJ is a really good baseball guy to listen to outside of the boobs he has been paired with since being with the Sox.


You know what would be cool? M&H won't do it, but listeners would love it.

Coop makes one of these snide/dick comments and they just shot gun him and hang up. Then Mully says "We''ll be back".

Why not? Cooper won't even get what happened. He'll just think it was a bad connection.

It would be funny as hell. That's good radio. They won't do it.

Author:  No Clever Moniker [ Fri May 29, 2015 11:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

The one valued life lesson I learned from the former Terrence Boers (not to be confused with the parrot known as "Terry") is that "listening is a skill." It has served me well on an ongoing basis by preventing me from saying stupid things (it's difficult to talk if one is truly listening) or allowing others to demonstrate their stupidity. In a normal conversation, Mully (and to a lesser extent Goff) would be difficult to engage. They don't get to their point, they add extra words or noises, and they tend to either become redundant or they simply talk over you. I think the reason some are recruited to the radio mic is because in a normal conversation they sound articulate and intelligent (i.e., Pat Mannelly), but once the "on-air" light goes on it becomes apparent that they don't that much to say and they become afraid of the dead air.

Coop is paid to come on the air and deal with radio b.s. but that comes with expectation of there being a reasonable limit. Hanley busting his balls is one thing, Mully on a typical Mully-meandering thought may be another. "Is there a question in there or are you talking because you love the sound of your voice?"

Author:  bigfan [ Fri May 29, 2015 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mulli and Coop

It wasnt a question....once again...and it was banter....

GUY 1: "I had a 72 Corvette that I loved to drive every weekend, I looked forward to it, it was the most fun I had on the weekends"
GUY 2: "yeah, I know what you mean, I had a VW Bug, loved tooling around in that thing every weekend too"
GUY 1: "So, whats your question?'
GUY 2: "No question...was just talking to you.....so do you want that bottle of Vodka in a bag or you just taking it for the road?"

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/