Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
The answer, as always: Bernstein and Mulligan in the mornings.

Dear God, what's the question?

:lol: I suppose my sig is outdated. But I do think that Mulligan is genuinely entertaining, he just can't drive a show as he gets lost in his own Mully-ness. And with the theory that Bernstein needs a partner who doesn't just nod along I think Mulligan would stand up to him on things.

But this is mostly based off of fill-in stints Mully used to do middays on B&B circa 2003. That was a different Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Reared on the Score wrote:
7/30, opening 'question' to Biggs.

Quote:
Well, it's a happy camp, whenever you can take a day off...whenever you can get the off day in, and the Bears back to practice today after enjoying a brief respite yetserday..., and, boy, I don't know who wrote it, but I read something this morning...just how lovely it is to go camping this time of year, because it's more about summer fun than it is about preparation for the football season, it's a totally different world. And it's funny when you think about how much things have changed, and I'm not saying it's not the right thing to do, I'm just saying it's just so different it's unbelievable.
Its fucking brutal. I have no clue how he stays on the air talking like this. How does Mitch allow this to continue?

I hate when they have Biggs on. Between Mully's incoherent nonsense questions, Hanley's "jokes", and Biggs' breathing it might as well be Chinese water torture.

apparently people like it... the ratings speak to that. It's also apparent based on past situations that if anyone challenges or makes fun of mulligan from the station he is a little bitch about it

This thread is great - and that last part, about him being a little bitch, made me LOL as I just listened to the show (yesterday, maybe Thursday) and they took a call from some guy who got upset with the show's content. They eventually hang up on him (it's apparent he's a regular caller) and Mully goes on to get all butt-hurt about "you call up and yell at us, geeesh!"

Almost any other show would make lemonade out of that call - Mulligan went on to complain about the guy calling, and how that's not fair.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pepe's
That's a life lesson I will try to instill in my children. If you can laugh at yourself, others won't want to. Mully hasn't figured it out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I hate when they have Biggs on. Between Mully's incoherent nonsense questions, Hanley's "jokes", and Biggs' breathing it might as well be Chinese water torture.

Don't forget about Hanley's "yaknow" verbal tic!