Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm
Posts: 2323
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
pittmike wrote:
You know what? Due to the game I listened to ESPN today and I was just fine. I guess I might try that again? Hard to switch for me.


I had this sick feeling too. W&S were even sort-of anti-Thibs as well. But they were reasonable (and had such discussions with not-terrible callers) and spoke their own mind instead of the B&B 'this is what's happening in the closed room that my guy is telling me, it's fact don't bother questioning it' nonsense.

Major problem though is that their personalities are like stale bread, B&B are a million times funnier when they're not infuriating corporate-asskissers

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Most people I know fit into one of two categories, they either work hard all day or spend most of their day arguing in circles with Boilermaker Rick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 44202
DannyB wrote:
Viscious, viscious.

Image


those were good times

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 44202
badrogue17 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Viscious, viscious.

Image



:lol: Way back machine.

I do a killer Kevin Matthews doing Ed Schwartz impression.


It's Kevin Mathews doing Dahl doing Schwartz.

Kev didn't even know who Ed Schwartz was when he started doing the voice.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 44202
Beardown wrote:
Baldy is wrong though. It was Thibs that undermined Paxon. The grabbing of Vinnie's tie? Ok. I guess Paxon will never live that down.


should have been fired and would have been in EVERY organization

That can't happen. Vinny should have taken a good chunk of JR money for that incident

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm
Posts: 2323
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Bernstein's big idea for the new Bulls coach (hey, I guess they call it 'the brief' for a reason...)

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/05/29/ ... ign=654961

Bench Hinrich, which is obvious, but he's a guy who is as much of an Paxson-Forman pet as anybody, then circumvent the CBA to get him to retire.

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Most people I know fit into one of two categories, they either work hard all day or spend most of their day arguing in circles with Boilermaker Rick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:43 pm
Posts: 3559
Location: The Kingdom of Gene Siegel
Hinrich seems like a guy who will end up in the Bulls organization after retiring from playing. I could see him being the coach in 5-10 years if he wants the job. His old man was a coach if I remember correctly.

_________________
Back off, Warchild. Seriously.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Baldy is wrong though. It was Thibs that undermined Paxon. The grabbing of Vinnie's tie? Ok. I guess Paxon will never live that down.


should have been fired and would have been in EVERY organization

That can't happen. Vinny should have taken a good chunk of JR money for that incident



Only in a messed up family business does a guy keep his job after doing what Paxson did.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:54 pm
Posts: 11645
Location: FEMA (Fun) Camp VIP list
pizza_Place: go find your nick in the new starwars!
senor columnist wrote:
What mattered was who was speaking and that it was official comment on team letterhead.


and honestly that's where i stopped reading. that dramatic one sentence stinger/teaser of an intro told me everything i needed to know about the piece that was coming after it, which is basically an affirmation of how the world works. we get enough of that around here with the whole "it's biggie's board and he'll do what he damn well pleases" and while i am definitely in that camp and know that it technically applies to the bulls' decision here too, i'm still going to reserve the right to say that it was potentially a very dumbass and petty decision.

not bigfan's stuff because as it's been documented the dude puts up with enough shit to where he's prolly got a few honorary janitorial degrees from various places =D

_________________
Beardown: unlikely voice of reason wrote:
The fact that people feel just as comfortable harassing sports media women as they do men means that Julie is treated as an equal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:54 pm
Posts: 11645
Location: FEMA (Fun) Camp VIP list
pizza_Place: go find your nick in the new starwars!
also props to RoTS (not to be confused with any star wars prequel) for dropping the word "pernicous" in the thread title cuz i'm going to have to go look it up after i finish typing this message.

SINCERELY,

SINICLYAPSE: SHOSTAK(TM) VOCABULARY ACHIEVER.

_________________
Beardown: unlikely voice of reason wrote:
The fact that people feel just as comfortable harassing sports media women as they do men means that Julie is treated as an equal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 am
Posts: 1619
pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
sinicalypse wrote:
senor columnist wrote:
What mattered was who was speaking and that it was official comment on team letterhead.


and honestly that's where i stopped reading. that dramatic one sentence stinger/teaser of an intro told me everything i needed to know about the piece that was coming after it, which is basically an affirmation of how the world works. we get enough of that around here with the whole "it's biggie's board and he'll do what he damn well pleases" and while i am definitely in that camp and know that it technically applies to the bulls' decision here too, i'm still going to reserve the right to say that it was potentially a very dumbass and petty decision.

not bigfan's stuff because as it's been documented the dude puts up with enough shit to where he's prolly got a few honorary janitorial degrees from various places =D

So Thibs + Frank Costanza = MATCH?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:54 pm
Posts: 11645
Location: FEMA (Fun) Camp VIP list
pizza_Place: go find your nick in the new starwars!
ZephMarshack wrote:
So Thibs + Frank Costanza = MATCH?


if they're not a MATCH they'd prolly have awfully similar scores in the swimwear category of the competition!

http://iamafoodblog.com/category/breakfast/

_________________
Beardown: unlikely voice of reason wrote:
The fact that people feel just as comfortable harassing sports media women as they do men means that Julie is treated as an equal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 am
Posts: 1813
pizza_Place: Drag's
good dolphin wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
pittmike wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Viscious, viscious.

Image



:lol: Way back machine.

I do a killer Kevin Matthews doing Ed Schwartz impression.


It's Kevin Mathews doing Dahl doing Schwartz.

Kev didn't even know who Ed Schwartz was when he started doing the voice.


Well, I think it was Kev doing Eddie after hearing Dahl doing Eddie, but then Dahl was jealous because Kev's was so much better and he took it on the road. I remember a show at the Riviera where Ed Zeppelin's 18 minute version of "I am the Eggroll" blew my mind. This looks to be Ed's last photo.

Image

_________________
Soccer 1,2,3
Spanish Honor Society 1,2,3,4
Forensics 1,2,3,4

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:55 pm
Posts: 2323
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sinicalypse wrote:
also props to RoTS (not to be confused with any star wars prequel) for dropping the word "pernicous" in the thread title cuz i'm going to have to go look it up after i finish typing this message.

SINCERELY,

SINICLYAPSE: SHOSTAK(TM) VOCABULARY ACHIEVER.


I have to look it up each time too. I think the only time I've heard it is when Bernstein used it in the context of defending Reinsdorf's honor.

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Most people I know fit into one of two categories, they either work hard all day or spend most of their day arguing in circles with Boilermaker Rick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 44202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mryENIMeVPs

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group