Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm
Posts: 10660
pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
After "Free Bird" they spent a minute discussing lighters vs cellphones at concerts and then their go-to karoake song.

Riveting stuff :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 21752
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Kirkwood wrote:
After "Free Bird" they spent a minute discussing lighters vs cellphones at concerts and then their go-to karoake song.

Riveting stuff :lol:


It sounds like wacky "morning zoo" type stuff.

_________________
A true Blue Cub fan since 1967!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Douchebag wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Just a bit off topic, but I've noticed alot of people say they are not a fan of the Classic Rock format. I would have thought that's the bread and butter of the middle aged white guy. What music are you guys listening to instead?

Please don't say The Lite.


I think it is missing the Gen X portion of the listening audience. I am just speaking for myself of course, but I have heard all the classic rock stuff for the past 30 years. I think we
touched on this a few weeks back, but they need some kind of classic alternative station with music from the late 80s through early 2000s. If not a whole station then at least a
program for 4-5 hours that would focus on this time frame. At least it would be different and not the same reheated canned stuff. Maybe there is something like that but I don't
know what it is. The few times I punch in FM radio my presets are for XRT and 88.9 in Milwaukee is a pretty awesome station that is somewhat similar playing newer alternative
stuff.

Sirius/XM does the 80's alternative and even the classic rock format so much better. These stations like The Drive just need to open up the playlist a bit, and not focus on the same 200 songs over and over.

But as you stated, they had success doing it exactly that way already. Their listening audience must be entirely made up of Ligue's. Why change it?

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Last edited by badrogue17 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:54 pm
Posts: 11645
Location: FEMA (Fun) Camp VIP list
pizza_Place: go find your nick in the new starwars!
Panther: I'm NOT trying now... Don't you realize its way easier to "post" like y'all then it was to post like I did?

Btw that cellphone/lighter stuff is something I feel strongly about. Definite sign of the pussification of america, just like how when you used to go to a concert you KNEW you had seen a show when you hit the shower afterwards and you'd smell ashtray when the water hit your hair. RIP

_________________
Beardown: unlikely voice of reason wrote:
The fact that people feel just as comfortable harassing sports media women as they do men means that Julie is treated as an equal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 28772
badrogue17 wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Just a bit off topic, but I've noticed alot of people say they are not a fan of the Classic Rock format. I would have thought that's the bread and butter of the middle aged white guy. What music are you guys listening to instead?

Please don't say The Lite.


I think it is missing the Gen X portion of the listening audience. I am just speaking for myself of course, but I have heard all the classic rock stuff for the past 30 years. I think we
touched on this a few weeks back, but they need some kind of classic alternative station with music from the late 80s through early 2000s. If not a whole station then at least a
program for 4-5 hours that would focus on this time frame. At least it would be different and not the same reheated canned stuff. Maybe there is something like that but I don't
know what it is. The few times I punch in FM radio my presets are for XRT and 88.9 in Milwaukee is a pretty awesome station that is somewhat similar playing newer alternative
stuff.

Sirius/XM does the 80's alternative and even the classic rock format so much better. These stations like The Drive just need to open up the playlist a bit, and not focus on the same 200 songs over and over.

But as you stated, they had success doing it exactly that way already. Their listening audience must be entirely made up of Ligue's. Why change it?

They probably won't change it. But terrestrial radio stations probably aren't targeting music fans anyway, so I guess I'm stuck looking elsewhere.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 28831
Location: West Side
pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.

Wow, spot on.

If only your basketball thoughts were better. :D

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
I smell like Spaulding at a CSFMB White Sox tailgate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:07 pm
Posts: 3311
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.


I think you are right. I had a love/hate regard for North back in the day, but I loved sports & sports radio so there was a common ground. I never hated Mac...but again liked him as my SPORTS talk guy! North thought he was more than a sports guy...and Mac I guess the same. For me, take them out of that format and you are right....I just dont care so much what they have to say. Now as for North....I have continued to build a "hate" for him. He is a fucking idiot.

_________________
Proud to be UNVERIFIED.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
I see that Mac hasn't even visited the board since his show started. Kinda would like to get his take on how the show is going.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 28831
Location: West Side
pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Q.Bovifs wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.

I don't think this is spot-on at all.

I just think that we have a situation where AXL Rose is stuck singing in a phone booth.

Agree to disagree, Panther.

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
I smell like Spaulding at a CSFMB White Sox tailgate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 13565
Location: Cultural Mecca
pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
spmack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.

Wow, spot on.

If only your basketball thoughts were better. :D

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
T-Bone wrote:
I see that Mac hasn't even visited the board since his show started. Kinda would like to get his take on how the show is going.

:|

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
IMU wrote:
spmack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.

Wow, spot on.

If only your basketball thoughts were better. :D

:D

I don't think it is very spot on.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm
Posts: 18626
pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.


I think you are mostly right but I don't understand why it's not transferring. Is it the listener/talker part that's missing? Music interrupts and segments are short? Too vanilla?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Spaulding wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.


I think you are mostly right but I don't understand why it's not transferring. Is it the listener/talker part that's missing? Music interrupts and segments are short? Too vanilla?

Hell, he doesn't even talk.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 13861
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
I have a couple of thoughts on this that are complete speculation. I feel Mac is doing this to keep busy and have a purpose so to speak. If he is still doing the 12 step thing that is an important part. Sitting home or golfing/fishing whenever you want is a way for his demons to creep in.

I assume he'd rather do sports talk but he didn't get the deal he wanted. Maybe he is just biding his time? He may have an out on this deal who knows?

Or he could be happy and doing what he wants. In that case good for him worse for me.

_________________
- I can't complain but sometimes I still do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 28831
Location: West Side
pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
pittmike wrote:
I have a couple of thoughts on this that are complete speculation. I feel Mac is doing this to keep busy and have a purpose so to speak. If he is still doing the 12 step thing that is an important part. Sitting home or golfing/fishing whenever you want is a way for his demons to creep in.

I assume he'd rather do sports talk but he didn't get the deal he wanted. Maybe he is just biding his time? He may have an out on this deal who knows?

Or he could be happy and doing what he wants. In that case good for him worse for me.

Is this spot on, Hawger and Panther, or no?

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
I smell like Spaulding at a CSFMB White Sox tailgate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
spmack wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I have a couple of thoughts on this that are complete speculation. I feel Mac is doing this to keep busy and have a purpose so to speak. If he is still doing the 12 step thing that is an important part. Sitting home or golfing/fishing whenever you want is a way for his demons to creep in.

I assume he'd rather do sports talk but he didn't get the deal he wanted. Maybe he is just biding his time? He may have an out on this deal who knows?

Or he could be happy and doing what he wants. In that case good for him worse for me.

Is this spot on, Hawger and Panther, or no?

I would say there are parts of it that are true, but I don't know that anybody will ever know the truth unless Mac chooses to let us know.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 pm
Posts: 28797
Location: SW Burbs
pittmike wrote:
I feel Mac is doing this to keep busy and have a purpose so to speak. If he is still doing the 12 step thing that is an important part. Sitting home or golfing/fishing whenever you want is a way for his demons to creep in.

Being paid six figures to sit and play classic rock half the day with a buddy doesn't seem like a good plan for staying off the weed.

_________________
Charter Member of C.A.L.L.

IMU wrote:
So maybe be a little less hostile next time. Or every time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm
Posts: 18626
pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Endless free time would be worse,imo.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm
Posts: 28831
Location: West Side
pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Q.Bovifs wrote:
spmack wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I have a couple of thoughts on this that are complete speculation. I feel Mac is doing this to keep busy and have a purpose so to speak. If he is still doing the 12 step thing that is an important part. Sitting home or golfing/fishing whenever you want is a way for his demons to creep in.

I assume he'd rather do sports talk but he didn't get the deal he wanted. Maybe he is just biding his time? He may have an out on this deal who knows?

Or he could be happy and doing what he wants. In that case good for him worse for me.

Is this spot on, Hawger and Panther, or no?

If we are talking about the spot on your maxi-pad, then yes.

Speaking of which, when is your next bottom-lip-chewing exhibition set to release, Smackerz?

Wow, why the hostility?

_________________
good dolphin wrote:
I smell like Spaulding at a CSFMB White Sox tailgate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
walkrman5 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.


I think you are right. I had a love/hate regard for North back in the day, but I loved sports & sports radio so there was a common ground. I never hated Mac...but again liked him as my SPORTS talk guy! North thought he was more than a sports guy...and Mac I guess the same. For me, take them out of that format and you are right....I just dont care so much what they have to say. Now as for North....I have continued to build a "hate" for him. He is a fucking idiot.



I think the guys that became very popular at the score i.e. Bernsie, Boers, North, Macneil all became afflicted by this disease. They began to think of themselves as being larger than the genre. Look at how much Bernsie, Boers, and Macneil all appear to hate sports now. It was not that way in the beginning and I have listened to the score since the first day they signed on. I never got the feeling that North hated sports. I think he merely wanted to branch off into something else. He more than any of the other ones had a national following and he wanted to parlay that into something else. It failed obviously. Macneil has always fashioned himself as a more intelligent version of North and hence he is attempting to do the same thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:10 am
Posts: 3694
spmack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.

Wow, spot on.

If only your basketball thoughts were better. :D



I think a few yrs ago you labeled me as being one of the best on the board. Of course i posted far more infrequently then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am
Posts: 3909
Location: Limbo
pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
long time guy wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Mac thought that this was what everyone wanted to hear. He believed that his whole guy talk persona was the reason that he was popular. He had an everyman way of conducting sports talk radio and he believed that it would translate over to the music side because he incorporated music into his talk show. The problem with guys like Mac is that when transferred into the musical arena he will be exposed as a lightweight and the guys that liked his sportstalk style have found that they didn't like him all that much. He was an alternative to the vanilla style guys that you typically find on sportstalk radio and that was much of his appeal.


I think you are right. I had a love/hate regard for North back in the day, but I loved sports & sports radio so there was a common ground. I never hated Mac...but again liked him as my SPORTS talk guy! North thought he was more than a sports guy...and Mac I guess the same. For me, take them out of that format and you are right....I just dont care so much what they have to say. Now as for North....I have continued to build a "hate" for him. He is a fucking idiot.



I think the guys that became very popular at the score i.e. Bernsie, Boers, North, Macneil all became afflicted by this disease. They began to think of themselves as being larger than the genre. Look at how much Bernsie, Boers, and Macneil all appear to hate sports now. It was not that way in the beginning and I have listened to the score since the first day they signed on. I never got the feeling that North hated sports. I think he merely wanted to branch off into something else. He more than any of the other ones had a national following and he wanted to parlay that into something else. It failed obviously. Macneil has always fashioned himself as a more intelligent version of North and hence he is attempting to do the same thing.


I think it's human nature that if you become successful, part of you starts to believe it was all you all along. To continue on with that thinking for years and years is a problem though. Maybe they have no one in their life to call them on their shit, because nobody does it at the station apparently.

You're spot on about what it was like in the beginning. Most gave off the impression that they were just happy for the opportunity to be on the air, then all of sudden they were above it all. Except for Memelo. That guy came off as smug right from the get go. How hard is it to get some talented people in here to talk sports. It's Chicago. There have to be better options out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 13861
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
I have said before that there are tons of broadcast graduates around the country native to Chicago. The problem is the Score does not clean out the status quo to give any a chance.

_________________
- I can't complain but sometimes I still do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 28772
pittmike wrote:
I have said before that there are tons of broadcast graduates around the country native to Chicago. The problem is the Score does not clean out the status quo to give any a chance.

They got rid of North, Murphy, and Mac, I'd call that cleaning out the status quo.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I have said before that there are tons of broadcast graduates around the country native to Chicago. The problem is the Score does not clean out the status quo to give any a chance.

They got rid of North, Murphy, and Mac, I'd call that cleaning out the status quo.

And then asked Mac to come back.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 13861
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I have said before that there are tons of broadcast graduates around the country native to Chicago. The problem is the Score does not clean out the status quo to give any a chance.

They got rid of North, Murphy, and Mac, I'd call that cleaning out the status quo.


That was 10 plus years ago.

_________________
- I can't complain but sometimes I still do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:03 pm
Posts: 28772
pittmike wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I have said before that there are tons of broadcast graduates around the country native to Chicago. The problem is the Score does not clean out the status quo to give any a chance.

They got rid of North, Murphy, and Mac, I'd call that cleaning out the status quo.


That was 10 plus years ago.

Mac was about 6 months ago. Murph was about 5 years ago, and North was maybe 6.

_________________
I AM FASCINATED BY TALL MIDGET.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:49 pm 
Offline
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 41106
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
I have said before that there are tons of broadcast graduates around the country native to Chicago. The problem is the Score does not clean out the status quo to give any a chance.

They got rid of North, Murphy, and Mac, I'd call that cleaning out the status quo.

They didnt just get rid of them. Mac and North had offers to stay, they both left. So they didnt want either of them gone.

I would say $750K for North isnt a 'We want you gone" statement.

Mac wanted something else on the Score and I think it would have been much better than the dieing crap that you people keep promoting!

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group