Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Retiring a Miata
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Good luck. I got +90 ft-lb of torque from my tune, but mine is Stage 2 and required intake, R8 coilpacks, and 3" downpipe with a 200 cell cat. I think the Stage 1 GTI tune only bumps up HP by 50 and torque by 55 or so.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Don't Care
I thought you had the Golf R?

I'm really not going to mess with it at all until its second oil change (4k miles). Possible exception being this (http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/driv ... tor-mount/) because while the 6 speed on the ST has wonderful throws the transmission just clanks itself into gear like someone falling down a flight of stairs.

I haven't totally figured the car out yet, but already I'm a little annoyed at its SO TYPICALLY AMERICAN powerband.
Low revs: Oh this is nice.
Mid revs: OHHHH THIS IS NICE, CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS NEXT
High revs: mightaswelljustshift

This is obviously a product of the boost cutting out at 9 psi early in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears, which not only is correctable but makes that 90 ft/lb torque figure seem a lot more realistic. I dont know why Ford did that. The hairdryer on the Focus gets up to 19.

SIDENOTE: I test drove the 2.3 ecoboost Mustang and uh that's the same motor that's in the Mazdaspeed6. The 2006!!! Mazdaspeed6. With how fat the Mustang (still) is that thing is basically a V6 Borestang with a boost gauge, what a joke.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You should buy a Lebaron.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
America wrote:
I thought you had the Golf R?

I'm really not going to mess with it at all until its second oil change (4k miles). Possible exception being this (http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/driv ... tor-mount/) because while the 6 speed on the ST has wonderful throws the transmission just clanks itself into gear like someone falling down a flight of stairs.

I haven't totally figured the car out yet, but already I'm a little annoyed at its SO TYPICALLY AMERICAN powerband.
Low revs: Oh this is nice.
Mid revs: OHHHH THIS IS NICE, CANT WAIT TO SEE WHATS NEXT
High revs: mightaswelljustshift

This is obviously a product of the boost cutting out at 9 psi early in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears, which not only is correctable but makes that 90 ft/lb torque figure seem a lot more realistic. I dont know why Ford did that. The hairdryer on the Focus gets up to 19.

SIDENOTE: I test drove the 2.3 ecoboost Mustang and uh that's the same motor that's in the Mazdaspeed6. The 2006!!! Mazdaspeed6. With how fat the Mustang (still) is that thing is basically a V6 Borestang with a boost gauge, what a joke.

Not yet. MK6 GTI.

It is a turbo. You're going to have low end torque, a ton of mid torque when the turbo is at max boost, and you will fall off rapidly above 5800-6000 RPM. When you get it tuned, the powerband will become a bit more even and the power is delivered more smoothly. But...if you're looking for a car to drive at 8000 RPM, you bought the wrong vehicle.

I enjoy the personality of the turbo.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Scorehead wrote:
IMU wrote:
Scorehead wrote:
fast as hell with the 2.0 turbo.

People here will not believe you. "It is a 4 cylinder."

Formula 1 cars were running with 1.6L 4 cylinder engines in 2013...not sure if they still use them. The Passat rips when the turbo kicks in. Its fun as hell to drive, just a little cramped for my liking.

In 2013 F1 cars were using 2.4-litre V8 engines. In 2014 they announced the change to 1.6 litre V6 turbo engines.

If you're interested in more specs, etc., you can check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_On ... .80.932013

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5