Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10765
pizza_Place: A few...
Supposed to play tomorrow and Monday. Of course, it's supposed to rain both days.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Never felt more than a sprinkle for a few minutes all weekend. 76 Saturday, 74 Sunday , and 78 yesterday. I was wiped out last night after walking 72 holes in
5 days. Man I guess I am getting old.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Posts: 13861
Location: pittsburgh
pizza_Place: giordanos
Did 18 Sunday and completely lost it. I had the tiger woods yips driving nearly every hole. right, right, left, left geez. Enjoyed the day but no sense at all to the driving issues.

_________________
- I can't complain but sometimes I still do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Reviewed my stats for the 13 rounds I have played 18 holes with my own ball. I like keeping the stats because they really help shine a light on
what I need to work on.

Avg score 76.3
Fairways 6.4
Greens 10.1
Putts 31.62
3 putts 0.75
Scrambling 45%
Sand Save 24%
Total Birdies 27

Overall I've had a good start to the season. Fairways I would like to see closer to 8 ( usually out of 14 ) but I have been pretty close to the
fairway thus far even when I miss. 10 greens is pretty good but would like to try to get closer to 12, although that is going to be tough. The
putting has been pretty good in general and if I could average 30 putts I couldn't complain about that much. Scrambling is getting up and down
from missed greens within 5-30 yards. This should be closer to 60% I think with more practice. My sand play has been pathetic and I would call
myself a pretty decent sand player.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 am
Posts: 234
Location: Suburbia
pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hoping to get out and walk 9 holes somewhere after work today because the weekend weather, including tomorrow evening, just looks dreadful.

I played last week at Broken Arrow in Lockport, and was in trouble off the tee multiple times. Still managed to card an 87 as I got up and down 5 different times to save a bogey. Bogeys won't really kill your round, but 6s, 7s, and 8s sure can.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Weather looks pretty bad this weekend but plan is to practice at Pine Meadow on Saturday. 6am tee time Sunday and I have
my first serious tournament on Monday in which the weather looks pretty good.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 7899
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Golf league last night, shot a 43 with a triple and two doubles and a birdie.

Think I'm gonna sneak out this afternoon considering it might be the only chance to play all week and weekend due to the forecast.

Having some tee troubles now....a couple weeks ago I hit 13/14 fairways all with nice draws. Fast forward to last weekend and I was averaging 4/14 and fighting the slice again. Still keeping scores in the 80s since every other aspect of my game has been great, but making a living with punch out hooks and fades from trouble is not a recipe for long term success. Had one round where I shot an 83 with only 3 fairways and lipped out 6 putts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
I attended a dinner in Milwaukee last night and just so happens there was a Golf Galaxy next door to the restaurant. I went in and browsed around and found a
set of irons I have had my eye on for some time for sale in the used clubs section. They were $350 off a brand new set. After looking them over and seeing they
were still in very good shape and only about a year old I asked if I could hit some in the simulator. I hit three 7 irons and three 4 irons. Clubs felt great but the
numbers off the machine really had me perplexed. The distances were way longer than my usual clubs and the ball speed didn't seem to jive with the distances
it was spitting out. I realize the clubs I play now are about 15 years old but I don't think technology has helped that much. Has anyone else found these machines
to be full of shit? The guy at the store claimed it was within a few yards of being accurate. I didn't buy the clubs but it was very tempting.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
T-Bone wrote:
I attended a dinner in Milwaukee last night and just so happens there was a Golf Galaxy next door to the restaurant. I went in and browsed around and found a
set of irons I have had my eye on for some time for sale in the used clubs section. They were $350 off a brand new set. After looking them over and seeing they
were still in very good shape and only about a year old I asked if I could hit some in the simulator. I hit three 7 irons and three 4 irons. Clubs felt great but the
numbers off the machine really had me perplexed. The distances were way longer than my usual clubs and the ball speed didn't seem to jive with the distances
it was spitting out. I realize the clubs I play now are about 15 years old but I don't think technology has helped that much. Has anyone else found these machines
to be full of shit? The guy at the store claimed it was within a few yards of being accurate. I didn't buy the clubs but it was very tempting.

I have never even hit a golf ball in one of those machines.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I attended a dinner in Milwaukee last night and just so happens there was a Golf Galaxy next door to the restaurant. I went in and browsed around and found a
set of irons I have had my eye on for some time for sale in the used clubs section. They were $350 off a brand new set. After looking them over and seeing they
were still in very good shape and only about a year old I asked if I could hit some in the simulator. I hit three 7 irons and three 4 irons. Clubs felt great but the
numbers off the machine really had me perplexed. The distances were way longer than my usual clubs and the ball speed didn't seem to jive with the distances
it was spitting out. I realize the clubs I play now are about 15 years old but I don't think technology has helped that much. Has anyone else found these machines
to be full of shit? The guy at the store claimed it was within a few yards of being accurate. I didn't buy the clubs but it was very tempting.

I have never even hit a golf ball in one of those machines.


I had 20 yd gains on both irons with all 6 balls I hit. Something didn't seem right there.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 7899
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:
I attended a dinner in Milwaukee last night and just so happens there was a Golf Galaxy next door to the restaurant. I went in and browsed around and found a
set of irons I have had my eye on for some time for sale in the used clubs section. They were $350 off a brand new set. After looking them over and seeing they
were still in very good shape and only about a year old I asked if I could hit some in the simulator. I hit three 7 irons and three 4 irons. Clubs felt great but the
numbers off the machine really had me perplexed. The distances were way longer than my usual clubs and the ball speed didn't seem to jive with the distances
it was spitting out. I realize the clubs I play now are about 15 years old but I don't think technology has helped that much. Has anyone else found these machines
to be full of shit? The guy at the store claimed it was within a few yards of being accurate. I didn't buy the clubs but it was very tempting.



I think the best way to approach the simulator is to bring your old clubs with you and hit them alongside the new clubs, that way you can compare and contrast which has better numbers without getting hung up on the numbers themselves.

I plan to do that with my driver next week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I attended a dinner in Milwaukee last night and just so happens there was a Golf Galaxy next door to the restaurant. I went in and browsed around and found a
set of irons I have had my eye on for some time for sale in the used clubs section. They were $350 off a brand new set. After looking them over and seeing they
were still in very good shape and only about a year old I asked if I could hit some in the simulator. I hit three 7 irons and three 4 irons. Clubs felt great but the
numbers off the machine really had me perplexed. The distances were way longer than my usual clubs and the ball speed didn't seem to jive with the distances
it was spitting out. I realize the clubs I play now are about 15 years old but I don't think technology has helped that much. Has anyone else found these machines
to be full of shit? The guy at the store claimed it was within a few yards of being accurate. I didn't buy the clubs but it was very tempting.



I think the best way to approach the simulator is to bring your old clubs with you and hit them alongside the new clubs, that way you can compare and contrast which has better numbers without getting hung up on the numbers themselves.

I plan to do that with my driver next week.


This makes sense. I didn't have my clubs with me and probably wouldn't have thought about it. I likely won't be in the market for new irons until the offseason anyway.
Did you ever make a final choice on a new driver or have it down to just a few?

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 7899
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
T-Bone wrote:

This makes sense. I didn't have my clubs with me and probably wouldn't have thought about it. I likely won't be in the market for new irons until the offseason anyway.
Did you ever make a final choice on a new driver or have it down to just a few?



I tried out the Ping G30 and the Titleist 915D2 at the outdoor range at Chicago Bill's last week. I think I'm leaning to the 915, but I first want to hit the simulator with my old driver alongside to compare before pulling the trigger. Hopefully next week.

The way I'm hitting the ball off the tee in the last week I should either not waste my money on a driver or maybe the bad hitting means a new driver is exactly what I need. I'm leaning towards the former since I was able to hit my old driver perfectly well up until a week ago.

Hoping to get a lesson this weekend, swing has fallen off in a week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
shakes wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

This makes sense. I didn't have my clubs with me and probably wouldn't have thought about it. I likely won't be in the market for new irons until the offseason anyway.
Did you ever make a final choice on a new driver or have it down to just a few?



I tried out the Ping G30 and the Titleist 915D2 at the outdoor range at Chicago Bill's last week. I think I'm leaning to the 915, but I first want to hit the simulator with my old driver alongside to compare before pulling the trigger. Hopefully next week.

The way I'm hitting the ball off the tee in the last week I should either not waste my money on a driver or maybe the bad hitting means a new driver is exactly what I need. I'm leaning towards the former since I was able to hit my old driver perfectly well up until a week ago.

Hoping to get a lesson this weekend, swing has fallen off in a week.


I looked at the G30s in person yesterday and it looked much different in my hands than in the magazines. It didn't fit my eye at all and I have liked the other Ping drivers I have
owned in the past.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:15 pm
Posts: 3477
Location: Crenshaw
pizza_Place: Dino's
T-Bone wrote:
I had 20 yd gains on both irons with all 6 balls I hit. Something didn't seem right there.

What iron model were you hitting? Game improvement and super game improvement irons have been decreasing loft and adding shaft length for a while, so that 7 iron is really a 6 iron for comparison purposes. Either that or the simulator is juiced (entirely possible).

_________________
Sex isn't dirty, sex isn't a crime. It's a loving act between two or more consenting adults.

-Hank Kingsley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I had 20 yd gains on both irons with all 6 balls I hit. Something didn't seem right there.

What iron model were you hitting? Game improvement and super game improvement irons have been decreasing loft and adding shaft length for a while, so that 7 iron is really a 6 iron for comparison purposes. Either that or the simulator is juiced (entirely possible).

Is simulator Tiger's new nickname?

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 am
Posts: 234
Location: Suburbia
pizza_Place: Salerno's
Anybody manage to get out this weekend? I actually played on Saturday. Could not pass up $15.25 for Deer Creek on golfnow.com. Its a bit of a haul for me, but I figured even if I played 9 holes it was worth it. First 7 holes was great weather. Next few were pretty windy but not cold yet. 11th hole the rain started and didn't let up until about the 16th. I managed to play all 18, and shot a respectable 88 considering some of the conditions and trouble I found myself in off the tee by going right.

130 yard par 3 over water (playing more like 150+) that was dead into the wind and rain drops, put a 7 iron about 15' away and sank the birdie putt. Certainly the high light of the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Furious Styles wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
I had 20 yd gains on both irons with all 6 balls I hit. Something didn't seem right there.

What iron model were you hitting? Game improvement and super game improvement irons have been decreasing loft and adding shaft length for a while, so that 7 iron is really a 6 iron for comparison purposes. Either that or the simulator is juiced (entirely possible).


Mizuno MP-15's. I just thought 195 yard 7 irons were a little ridiculous.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
I got out on Sunday and shot an 83. I didn't hit the ball too badly but played the par 5's in 5 over which was unusual and had three 3 putts.
It was not a good omen going into my tournament yesterday morning. Played a course called Morningstar just south of Waukesha that was
built in and around an old gravel quarry. Pretty tough course, a lot of elevation changes, large greens and pretty darn quick as well. I hadn't played
in a state sanctioned tournament in Wisconsin since 1991 I think. The last one I played in, Mark Wilson was in the field for crying out loud.

As has been my M.O. in tournaments the last few years it was the day of the blow up hole. Started with two pars and then took a triple when
I hit a ball out of bounds off the tee and three putted the green. Made 3 more consecutive bogeys before parring out for a back nine 42.
Again started well with two pars on the front before bogeying the next two and making a double on a par three. Missed an eagle put on #7
by two inches short in the hole but sat at 9 over with two short par 4s left. Next tee shot in the water and made a double and then bogeyed
the last for an 84. I didn't hit the ball that badly but the two doubles, a triple and two three putts didn't help. Going in I thought a 77
would have been a good score and enough to qualify. Turns out a 78 would have made it. With 33 spots open to qualify it was a bitter pill
to swallow knowing I had it in me to shoot that with a few better swings. Overall it was good experience and shows me what I need to work
on before the State amateur qualifying on June 30th. I probably should have played a practice round at the course ahead of time but it is what
it is. The wind was also a factor. It was a 3-4 club wind most of the day. 67 won so looking at what I am up against in these things can be a
sobering experience.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
T-Bone wrote:
I got out on Sunday and shot an 83. I didn't hit the ball too badly but played the par 5's in 5 over which was unusual and had three 3 putts.
It was not a good omen going into my tournament yesterday morning. Played a course called Morningstar just south of Waukesha that was
built in and around an old gravel quarry. Pretty tough course, a lot of elevation changes, large greens and pretty darn quick as well. I hadn't played
in a state sanctioned tournament in Wisconsin since 1991 I think. The last one I played in, Mark Wilson was in the field for crying out loud.

As has been my M.O. in tournaments the last few years it was the day of the blow up hole. Started with two pars and then took a triple when
I hit a ball out of bounds off the tee and three putted the green. Made 3 more consecutive bogeys before parring out for a back nine 42.
Again started well with two pars on the front before bogeying the next two and making a double on a par three. Missed an eagle put on #7
by two inches short in the hole but sat at 9 over with two short par 4s left. Next tee shot in the water and made a double and then bogeyed
the last for an 84. I didn't hit the ball that badly but the two doubles, a triple and two three putts didn't help. Going in I thought a 77
would have been a good score and enough to qualify. Turns out a 78 would have made it. With 33 spots open to qualify it was a bitter pill
to swallow knowing I had it in me to shoot that with a few better swings. Overall it was good experience and shows me what I need to work
on before the State amateur qualifying on June 30th. I probably should have played a practice round at the course ahead of time but it is what
it is. The wind was also a factor. It was a 3-4 club wind most of the day. 67 won so looking at what I am up against in these things can be a
sobering experience.

Yes or at least walk the course.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
Yes or at least walk the course.


I admit it was pretty short sided on my part but they wanted over $70 for greens fees on the weekend and having paid $75 to get in the tournament I
was too cheap to lay out the money. It just comes down to me hitting a handful of bad shots in the end. I only used the driver twice all day.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Yes or at least walk the course.


I admit it was pretty short sided on my part but they wanted over $70 for greens fees on the weekend and having paid $75 to get in the tournament I
was too cheap to lay out the money. It just comes down to me hitting a handful of bad shots in the end. I only used the driver twice all day.

But if you feel more comfortable hitting those shots the chances of success are greater. All I am saying if you are spending the money to go and try to qualify then you need to spend the money to put yourself in the best chance to succeed.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Yes or at least walk the course.


I admit it was pretty short sided on my part but they wanted over $70 for greens fees on the weekend and having paid $75 to get in the tournament I
was too cheap to lay out the money. It just comes down to me hitting a handful of bad shots in the end. I only used the driver twice all day.

But if you feel more comfortable hitting those shots the chances of success are greater. All I am saying if you are spending the money to go and try to qualify then you need to spend the money to put yourself in the best chance to succeed.


I will be playing the State Am course in the next few weeks.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Yes or at least walk the course.


I admit it was pretty short sided on my part but they wanted over $70 for greens fees on the weekend and having paid $75 to get in the tournament I
was too cheap to lay out the money. It just comes down to me hitting a handful of bad shots in the end. I only used the driver twice all day.

But if you feel more comfortable hitting those shots the chances of success are greater. All I am saying if you are spending the money to go and try to qualify then you need to spend the money to put yourself in the best chance to succeed.


I will be playing the State Am course in the next few weeks.

:D

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I will be playing the State Am course in the next few weeks.

:D


$34 walking on the weekend and only 30 minutes away rather than an hour.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:00 pm
Posts: 19254
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I will be playing the State Am course in the next few weeks.

:D


$34 walking on the weekend and only 30 minutes away rather than an hour.

You know you are my guy, but you are missing my point.

_________________
spmack wrote:
IMU wrote:
Disagree.

Nas, spmack and Douchebag took turns parading me around the streets of Chicago on their shoulders last weekend.

We were definitely taking turns doing something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I will be playing the State Am course in the next few weeks.

:D


$34 walking on the weekend and only 30 minutes away rather than an hour.

You know you are my guy, but you are missing my point.


I think I understand. :mrgreen:

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 am
Posts: 234
Location: Suburbia
pizza_Place: Salerno's
Good luck, Tbone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Posts: 11439
Location: The 19th Hole
pizza_Place: Kaisers
Cicero Dave wrote:
Good luck, Tbone.


Thanks Dave, I'll definitely need it. I have a month to work on things.

_________________
Flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm
Posts: 7899
pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
my game has fallen apart in the last 2 weeks. All of the sudden, I can't stop hozzle shanking my drives. Never had that happen before. Had issues with shanks with other clubs, but never the driver. Problem is I can't stop diving at the ball. think this is all related to my back and inability to keep a proper spine angle. Shot a 50 yesterday in my 9 hole league.

Gonna head to the range today and work on it. If it doesn't get better it might be time to visit the doc for a steroid pack.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group