It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Android Issue
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:26 am 

pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:
It may be time to bring in an exorcist.

Yeah, it's like it's possessed. The other night it must have made that crazy sound ten times in rapid succession.

I previously had the S3 and I believe it was running a Kit Kat upgrade. The phone was perfect and I never had any problems. The phone I have now seems to upgrade most software automatically. My S3 offered reminders of various available upgrades which I rarely accepted. If something works well for me, I have no need to "upgrade" it.

This fucking S5 has been wonky ever since I got it. I'm not sure if that has more to do with the hardware or the Lollipop OS. But I will say that I have a general belief that a software hits its peak around the 3.0 or 4.0 version and after that it simply becomes more and more bloated and user unfriendly.

We have several folks at my office that have the S5. I don't know how many upgraded to Lollipop, but no one has reported any issues to me. As I said, I just brought my S4 to Lollipop and also haven't had any trouble, though my phone is heavily customized with many of the 'bloatware' Samsung / Amazon apps uninstalled.

Honestly though, it sounds like a wonky phone / wonky app on your phone.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I run Lollipop on my Nexus 5. I have none of these issues. I still can't help but to think there would be no harm in trying a different, non-Samsung, launcher.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
a retard wrote:
I run Lollipop on my Nexus 5. I have none of these issues. I still can't help but to think there would be no harm in trying a different, non-Samsung, launcher.

I think it has to be an app, most likely an Amazon app. I have those turned off now and it hasn't happened since. The problem seems to have started on both my S5 and my wife's S3 with the last OS update. I know I said Lollipop as I thought that was what the latest upgrade was, but I believe both phones are actually running the last version of Kit Kat (4.4.4).

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Marino's in Wood Dale / Gino's East
Upgrade. Lollipop is pretty great. (Except you can no longer toggle betwixt Sound, Vibrate, and None by holding the power button.)