Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:54 pm
Posts: 11645
Location: FEMA (Fun) Camp VIP list
pizza_Place: go find your nick in the new starwars!
so i'm watching the cub game here and all of a sudden i'm like "wait... did this commercial just say elk grove village?" and i pay attention and it's not a commercial mentioning elk grove village..... it's a commercial FOR elk grove village!

holy shit i swear to god guys i am going to learn some fucking video editing/making skills and parody the ever living shit out of this channel in the spirit of showing you the REAL elk grove! and i swear to god i actually will for once.... but yeah on to the EG pride.... does YOUR hometown have a commercial? i can see one for lakemoor

A STRONG BUSINESS NEEDS TO BE CONNECTED... LAKEMOOR IS HOME TO A COMMUNITY OF OVER 3600 PEOPLE.... IT'S SURROUNDED BY TREES AND WATER AND EVEN A STRIP MALL!!!!! AND IT'S NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR IS WANTED IN 3 STATES BUT IF YOU NEED METH WHEN IT COMES TO BEING CONNECTED HE'S GOT OPTIONS! LAKEMOOR..... HUMANS WANTED!

_________________
Beardown: unlikely voice of reason wrote:
The fact that people feel just as comfortable harassing sports media women as they do men means that Julie is treated as an equal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 2120
pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
well, you can see the difference between well off and not as well off... bedford park advertises on White sox radio... :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
Posts: 17061
pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Is some sort of thinly veiled shot at Darkside?

Show some fuckin' respect your fuckin' half-pint dweeb!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
billypootons wrote:
well, you can see the difference between well off and not as well off... bedford park advertises on White sox radio... :)

Blackhawks radio, too. They have an ample water supply!

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 7329
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Pizzeria Caputo Milano Duomo
Curious Hair wrote:
billypootons wrote:
well, you can see the difference between well off and not as well off... bedford park advertises on White sox radio... :)

Blackhawks radio, too. They have an ample water supply!

And multiple TIF districts!

_________________
"To heal, exit reality." -- Isaac Owen Thomas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 pm
Posts: 4100
pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
newper wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
billypootons wrote:
well, you can see the difference between well off and not as well off... bedford park advertises on White sox radio... :)

Blackhawks radio, too. They have an ample water supply!

And multiple TIF districts!


[rrrrrrring]
MARILYN: Good Afternoon, Village of Bedford Park, Business Relocation Department.
CALIFORNIA: Is this Marilyn?
MARILYN: Speaking.
CALIFORNIA: Oh, good. Listen, this may seem a little "out there..."

_________________
urbane as f*ck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:35 pm
Posts: 44202
EGV is kind of my ideal of the middle class suburb...not my ideal in a "hey, what a great place" way...more in the general vibe and attitude it projects being generally transferable to American suburbs.

_________________
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never existed- Thomas Jefferson in reference to the CSFMB


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 21752
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
good dolphin wrote:
EGV is kind of my ideal of the middle class suburb...not my ideal in a "hey, what a great place" way...more in the general vibe and attitude it projects being generally transferable to American suburbs.


You can always find me at their summer concert series. It's a nice place to live.

_________________
A true Blue Cub fan since 1967!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
jimmypasta wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
EGV is kind of my ideal of the middle class suburb...not my ideal in a "hey, what a great place" way...more in the general vibe and attitude it projects being generally transferable to American suburbs.


You can always find me at their summer concert series. It's a nice place to live.



Let me guess jimmy, Tony Ocean?

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
EGV is kind of my ideal of the middle class suburb...not my ideal in a "hey, what a great place" way...more in the general vibe and attitude it projects being generally transferable to American suburbs.


I dunno, EGV has the vast industrial wasteland which sort of makes it stand out from neighboring suburbs. If you look at a map, it's practically more railroad spurs than neighborhood streets.

Schaumburg is still suburbia qua suburbia to me.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:35 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Lindenhurst
pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
As I was running the Chicagoland Spring Marathon, we went through one of the EGV forest preserves. Much to my amazement, there was a fucking ELK that was fenced off.

The more you know...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:23 am
Posts: 234
Location: Suburbia
pizza_Place: Salerno's
Does EG Greg ever post anymore? I assume the EG = Elk Grove in his name.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 21752
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Seacrest wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
EGV is kind of my ideal of the middle class suburb...not my ideal in a "hey, what a great place" way...more in the general vibe and attitude it projects being generally transferable to American suburbs.


You can always find me at their summer concert series. It's a nice place to live.



Let me guess jimmy, Tony Ocean?


:lol: ...No, saw him at Park Ridge Fest.

EG has had Dennis DeYoung, Mickey Dolenz, Pat Benatar & Kenny Loggins in the past.

_________________
A true Blue Cub fan since 1967!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 12041
pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
wdelaney72 wrote:
As I was running the Chicagoland Spring Marathon, we went through one of the EGV forest preserves. Much to my amazement, there was a fucking ELK that was fenced off.

The more you know...


Yes, sir. Busse Woods. I love biking and running through there.

_________________
-- source


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 11460
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
redskingreg wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
As I was running the Chicagoland Spring Marathon, we went through one of the EGV forest preserves. Much to my amazement, there was a fucking ELK that was fenced off.

The more you know...


Yes, sir. Busse Woods. I love biking and running through there.



All State has a commercial about them now as well.

_________________
Like a Drill Instructor on Meth with a raging case of Hemorrhoids


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 23323
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
jimmypasta wrote:

EG has had Dennis DeYoung, Mickey Dolenz, Pat Benatar & Kenny Loggins in the past.


All dead.

The summer concert series is the David Spada of over the hill musical acts.

_________________
Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Are we really doubting that a 14 year old being around 100% of the time would be annoying?

we have IMU as proof


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 7329
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Pizzeria Caputo Milano Duomo
sjboyd0137 wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

EG has had Dennis DeYoung, Mickey Dolenz, Pat Benatar & Kenny Loggins in the past.


All dead.

The summer concert series is the David Spada of over the hill musical acts.

Kenny Loggins was just found at an emergency helicopter landing where, lo and behold, he told the pilot "You're in the danger zone!"

_________________
"To heal, exit reality." -- Isaac Owen Thomas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 23323
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
newper wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

EG has had Dennis DeYoung, Mickey Dolenz, Pat Benatar & Kenny Loggins in the past.


All dead.

The summer concert series is the David Spada of over the hill musical acts.

Kenny Loggins was just found at an emergency helicopter landing where, lo and behold, he told the pilot "You're in the danger zone!"

ImageImage

_________________
Bagels wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Are we really doubting that a 14 year old being around 100% of the time would be annoying?

we have IMU as proof


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am
Posts: 21752
Location: NW SUBURBS OF CHICAGO
pizza_Place: any from anywhere
newper wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

EG has had Dennis DeYoung, Mickey Dolenz, Pat Benatar & Kenny Loggins in the past.


All dead.

The summer concert series is the David Spada of over the hill musical acts.

Kenny Loggins was just found at an emergency helicopter landing where, lo and behold, he told the pilot "You're in the danger zone!"


He had an Elk Grove hot dog and had to return to pooh corner.

_________________
A true Blue Cub fan since 1967!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 7329
Location: Ex-Naperville, Ex-Homewood, Now Tinley Park
pizza_Place: Pizzeria Caputo Milano Duomo
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/apr ... r-landing/

_________________
"To heal, exit reality." -- Isaac Owen Thomas


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:08 pm 
Offline
Founder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 41106
Location: Chicago
pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Pull into parking lot after a showing to eat my Wendys Chicken samwich and waling right up to the fence....is a damn Elk! Didnt know what the thing was....photo doesnt do this thing justice

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/b55cEwFGkxY/hqdefault.jpg

_________________
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." Banky
“Been that way since one monkey looked at the sun and told the other monkey ‘He said for you to give me your fuckin’ share.’”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Posts: 28062
Location: Right Side of History
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sinicalypse wrote:
does YOUR hometown have a commercial? i can see one for lakemoor


Every good home needs a gate: it's decorative, it tells intruders to stay the hell away, and it tells you that you're almost home. For McHenry, Lakemoor is that gate. McHenry features a bombed-out downtown primed for redevelopment, a rapidly expanding big-box hell on its northern fringes, sporadic Metra service, and a river with a big bridge over it. Lakemoor features none of those things. Why would it? I was clearly talking about McHenry. But Lakemoor is next to McHenry. And sometimes being next to something is better than being something. Like a big soft teddy bear, for example. If you were a teddy bear, you wouldn't be able to read or talk or think because you'd be an inanimate object. So cuddle up to McHenry in Lakemoor, and brandish your gun, saying "get the fuck away from my property and also McHenry!"

Lakemoor: the gateway to McHenry.

_________________
Molly Lambert wrote:
The future holds the possibility to be great or terrible, and since it has not yet occurred it remains simultaneously both.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:29 pm
Posts: 14835
pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I drove my ass out to EGV from the south side for 8 years for work..Looking back I suppose I should've just stayed home and done nothing while complaining that there were no jobs close to my house

_________________
long time guy wrote:


A lot of you guys really just state shit without really knowing what the hell you are talking about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:31 pm
Posts: 4100
pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
Curious Hair wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
does YOUR hometown have a commercial? i can see one for lakemoor


Every good home needs a gate: it's decorative, it tells intruders to stay the hell away, and it tells you that you're almost home. For McHenry, Lakemoor is that gate. McHenry features a bombed-out downtown primed for redevelopment, a rapidly expanding big-box hell on its northern fringes, sporadic Metra service, and a river with a big bridge over it. Lakemoor features none of those things. Why would it? I was clearly talking about McHenry. But Lakemoor is next to McHenry. And sometimes being next to something is better than being something. Like a big soft teddy bear, for example. If you were a teddy bear, you wouldn't be able to read or talk or think because you'd be an inanimate object. So cuddle up to McHenry in Lakemoor, and brandish your gun, saying "get the fuck away from my property and also McHenry!"

Lakemoor: the gateway to McHenry.


Evanston: It's Chicago's Canada.

_________________
urbane as f*ck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 5708
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:
I drove my ass out to EGV from the south side for 8 years for work..Looking back I suppose I should've just stayed home and done nothing while complaining that there were no jobs close to my house


Another disgusting example of someone benefiting from White Privilege! :P

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
On the other hand, I do think Tim Baffoe should get raped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 am
Posts: 5708
Location: Schaumburg
pizza_Place: Palermo's
redskingreg wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
As I was running the Chicagoland Spring Marathon, we went through one of the EGV forest preserves. Much to my amazement, there was a fucking ELK that was fenced off.

The more you know...


Yes, sir. Busse Woods. I love biking and running through there.


I went for a ride yesterday on my lunch. Didn't see any elk. I did see Dean Winters, though.

_________________
Curious Hair wrote:
On the other hand, I do think Tim Baffoe should get raped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:13 pm
Posts: 12041
pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Tad Queasy wrote:
redskingreg wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
As I was running the Chicagoland Spring Marathon, we went through one of the EGV forest preserves. Much to my amazement, there was a fucking ELK that was fenced off.

The more you know...


Yes, sir. Busse Woods. I love biking and running through there.


I went for a ride yesterday on my lunch. Didn't see any elk. I did see Dean Winters, though.


Sadly my most recent ride was to Mariano's to pick up a few things. And I foolishly did not check the forecast before I left. Got absolutely dumped on on the ride home.

_________________
-- source


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: elk grove village!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:17 pm
Posts: 4120
pizza_Place: Rosati's
According to my radio, this guy's made an unwelcome visit:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group