Chicago Sports Fan Message Board

All Information is alleged and 100% Unreliable
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 12347
wow google.

i was an early adopter of chromecast, bought one when it first came out. it was cool, but very limited in what it could do.

now, just wow. the screencast feature now works flawlessly, AND with budget phones! my $40 LG volt work perfect, and runs Kodi just dandy.

also, you can now pair with your chomecast without a network present, just phone to chromecast. this was a feature i thought would never happen. i watched the nascar race today off it, and cast that to my tv. worked a treat, and never glitched for the hours i left it on. just a fantastic adapter now!

_________________

touch my dick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:08 am
Posts: 3213
Location: Section 433
pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Had folks over to watch the hockey yesterday. Way too nice to be inside so we had the TV outside. Used my twinspires account on my phone to cast the track feed from arlington so before the game and between periods we toggled to it. At least four hours, never a glitch.

_________________
"Communication with the dead is only a little more difficult than communication with some of the living."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 2120
pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i held out for a long time buying a chromecast. I finally got one and I am impressed. For the money its a pretty cool tech gadget. I don't use it that often, mainly for watching youtube videos every so often. I can mirror my nexus 5 using it but again not something I really ever need to do. Just a couple of weeks ago I found the extension for my pc so i can connect my pc to it (chrome browser only of course)

Cardcast is a cool free app. it's basically a free version of cards against humanity, played with last weekend for an hour or so with a group of 4.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:54 pm
Posts: 11645
Location: FEMA (Fun) Camp VIP list
pizza_Place: go find your nick in the new starwars!
so can it dump any browser/video to the TV rather nicely yet, or does it still need apps? i remember my family getting one and at first the thing was basically useless, but i'm guessing given the thread title and ike's description it might be better at taking any chrome screen to the tv?

_________________
Beardown: unlikely voice of reason wrote:
The fact that people feel just as comfortable harassing sports media women as they do men means that Julie is treated as an equal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 12347
sinicalypse wrote:
so can it dump any browser/video to the TV rather nicely yet, or does it still need apps? i remember my family getting one and at first the thing was basically useless, but i'm guessing given the thread title and ike's description it might be better at taking any chrome screen to the tv?


that was the problem when it first came out. no screen casting on most phones, so you had to use the ready made apps, and there were like 5 of them.

now you dont even need the apps at all. just cast your screen. audio goes with too. ANYTHING you do on your phone is now on your tv. it is essentially a miracast adapter, but it works excellent now.

_________________

touch my dick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 2120
pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
IkeSouth wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
so can it dump any browser/video to the TV rather nicely yet, or does it still need apps? i remember my family getting one and at first the thing was basically useless, but i'm guessing given the thread title and ike's description it might be better at taking any chrome screen to the tv?


that was the problem when it first came out. no screen casting on most phones, so you had to use the ready made apps, and there were like 5 of them.

now you dont even need the apps at all. just cast your screen. audio goes with too. ANYTHING you do on your phone is now on your tv. it is essentially a miracast adapter, but it works excellent now.


it sounds like you are talking about a true mirroring of your phone. I don't believe that is available on all android phones yet... but most major apps have the ability to cast now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:25 pm
Posts: 12347
billypootons wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:
so can it dump any browser/video to the TV rather nicely yet, or does it still need apps? i remember my family getting one and at first the thing was basically useless, but i'm guessing given the thread title and ike's description it might be better at taking any chrome screen to the tv?


that was the problem when it first came out. no screen casting on most phones, so you had to use the ready made apps, and there were like 5 of them.

now you dont even need the apps at all. just cast your screen. audio goes with too. ANYTHING you do on your phone is now on your tv. it is essentially a miracast adapter, but it works excellent now.


it sounds like you are talking about a true mirroring of your phone. I don't believe that is available on all android phones yet... but most major apps have the ability to cast now


it works on phones it never used to work on. even the volt says "this phone is not supported, results may vary" but it works perfectly. it doesn't eat up much bandwidth either, i had 3 chromecasts running the nascar race yesterday for the hell of it, and also a tablet running the race too. all on my 6mb dsl connection and an old linksys router. it worked perfect!

_________________

touch my dick


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group